WooshBuild IPTV not recording

Hello,

I've got a H9S with ATVopen 6.3 and Wooshbuild installed and I'm having a nightmare when trying to record IPTV. Everytime I attempt to record I get the spinning blue wheel in the top left corner. Doesn't matter the recording option it results in the same result.

Tried reflashing and different usb's but nothing is changing.

Is it just the H9S isn't upto it (I hope not) an issue with 6.3, Wooshbuild or maybe the tiny amount of flash memory?

Got an SD card to try expanding the flash to see if this resolves it but looking for any guidance/support.

First time working with a zgemma box an starting to get myself reading things and thinking is it just me doing something wrong or is there an underlying issue.

the FLSH process on the H9 is slightly different to other zgemma models, you need to press/hold the reset button on the rear while you power the unit up!
This model is relatively new & has received mixed reviews as many have struggled to flash/set up through user error, there are no issues with fussy USB's, simply prep the usb correctly & the unit will FLSH.

When recording place the box onto a FTA sat fed channel & record on the subscription side via EPG, no issues with the specs of the box, ATV 6.3, WB Infinity.
Check you have your usb/hdd mounted as media/hdd & recordings are also set to hdd (menu/setup/recording & timeshift).

Last edited:
Hello,

I've got a H9S with ATVopen 6.3 and Wooshbuild installed and I'm having a nightmare when trying to record IPTV. Everytime I attempt to record I get the spinning blue wheel in the top left corner. Doesn't matter the recording option it results in the same result.

Tried reflashing and different usb's but nothing is changing.

Is it just the H9S isn't upto it (I hope not) an issue with 6.3, Wooshbuild or maybe the tiny amount of flash memory?

Got an SD card to try expanding the flash to see if this resolves it but looking for any guidance/support.

First time working with a zgemma box an starting to get myself reading things and thinking is it just me doing something wrong or is there an underlying issue.

You're not alone, the forum is full of people having problems recording IPTV and a lot appears to be the method of its delivery plus of course your provider.
Who really should be assisting you with it.
Even if you do get it working, quite often, one 'fart' in the stream and that's the end of the recording. A lot easier to record FTA and Sat prgs.

the FLSH process on the H9 is slightly different to other zgemma models, you need to press/hold the reset button on the rear while you power the unit up!
This model is relatively new & has received mixed reviews as many have struggled to flash/set up through user error, there are no issues with fussy USB's, simply prep the usb correctly & the unit will FLSH.

When recording place the box onto a FTA sat fed channel & record on the subscription side via EPG, no issues with the specs of the box, ATV 6.3, WB Infinity.
Check you have your usb/hdd mounted as media/hdd & recordings are also set to hdd (menu/setup/recording & timeshift).

Thank you @BeakyFord i can get the box up and running with the FTA and IPTV Channels its pretty stable upto that point and I have had no issues as such. Even set a timer remotely via OpenWebIF this morning for FTA. The box itself is cracking and I've no real complaints apart from the nightmare that I'm having with recording an IPTV feed.

Just set a timer to record a 30 min IPTV show and I have now locked the box up with the spinning blue wheel (top left). I'm guessing as its set on a timer that is why it keeps reappearing everytime i reboot the box and why i cannot get back in via the IP Address. I was trying it from the EPG like you suggested but I'm not 100% sure that I was on an FTA channel and not an IPTV by mistake. Will now have to wait another 20 mins or so for the timer to expire and hope that I can then regain control of the box.

You're not alone, the forum is full of people having problems recording IPTV and a lot appears to be the method of its delivery plus of course your provider.
Who really should be assisting you with it.
Even if you do get it working, quite often, one 'fart' in the stream and that's the end of the recording. A lot easier to record FTA and Sat prgs.
Hello @Sparkrite

The provider is helping and created my custom config file for my subs. Think the bigger issue is like you said its not a one off problem and they don't have a HS9 to work on. I guess I'm a bit of guinea pig in that sense (Which I don't mind). Just asking the question on here as maybe someone has something I can try, as I'm open to all sources.

You are right FTA and SAT programs are easier to record but I'm not always sat infront of the TV to watch IPTV live and I don't mind VOD but I have to think that it needs to be pretty simple so my wife can work it all otherwise its a non starter as family device.

will just keep plugging away

After some playing it would appear that my box is trying to find the channel to record on the Tuner and not the IPTV feed..... set up from the EPG to record an IPTV channel while watching a FTA Channel. At the point of the recording starting the box flicks to the channel "&TV" At the end of timer it then shows the attached image.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 35
I think the majority have issues when recording IPTV & there appears to be no one right answer, a lot depends on your providers available service, provider settings serverside, box settings your side, available bandwidth, usb/hdd storage etc, then there is the problem that any blip in the stream causes the recording to freeze/stop, add it all up & recording IPTV is sketchy at best. On the upside, recording isn't really required anymore as most things are available via catch-up service or E2iPlayer. Recording is possible with every aspect set correctly but I still wouldn't put any faith in it myself just yet although IPTV is improving/evolving.

Have to agree with most comments recording iptv is always going to be hit and miss the slightest hicup from server end or customer end cause cause it to fail altogether there needs to be a solid connection with speeds and bandwidth you can have 300mbps virmin and not record successfully why record iptv when there is catchup

From my experience with IPTV and enigma 2.. you need at least a triple connection sub to be able to record one channel and watch another without the recording failing.
For some weird reason, recording one channel and watching the same one takes 2 connections. It is different to the way tuners work. I have a triple connection on my VU DUO 4k and i can record a channel and watch another no problems.

Think I’m being thick
What did u advise please

Its a tiny thread, I thought you would have read what preceded your post at the very least.

To save you scrolling up I will repeat it here:-

' What have you got 'serviceapp' set at as 'Enigma2 playback system' ?

On my H2s anything other than 'original' causes my box to do the same as yours. '

Back