Iptv on Zgemma h2h

Howie69

Hi, I currently have a vm line setup on zgemma h2h with grogbuild. I want to setup iptv on my box, I want to keep grogbuild with the vm skin. I want to start from scratch and use iptv only, so I don't have any duplication of channels. Can anyone give any pointers on setting up and a trial that will work on zgemma h2h please? Do I have to disconnect vm feed and delete existing channels, bouquets and epg? I've seen xtreme editor mentioned on here and jedi maker. I haven't got a clue where to start, but want to have a crack at it with a little help.
Cheers!

Maybe re run grogbuild freerange command and choose no to sat and cable then follow the advice of provider to install iptv.

You can also choose various options for iptv on grogbuild freerange if provider supports them.

I use this command to delete bouquets

Code:
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

You could use that rather than re running grogbuild freerange command

Note the above may not remove iptv bouquets if they have sh files to reload iptv bouquets on boot so ask provider how to remove iptv bouquets if wanting to remove them.

Maybe re run grogbuild freerange command and choose no to sat and cable then follow the advice of provider to install iptv.

You can also choose various options for iptv on grogbuild freerange if provider supports them.

Code:
init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/defaultsat.tar.gz && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3

Note the above may not remove iptv bouquets if they have sh files to reload iptv bouquets on boot so ask provider how to remove iptv bouquets if wanting to remove them.
Thanks!

Just to add, you don't have to remove VM before trying iptv. Iptv will just create a duplicate set of bouquets in most cases, you won't have 5 versions of channel 4 next to each other if you get my drift. You'll have your normal bouquets, then IPTV Entertainments, IPTV sports, IPTV Doccumentaries etc so you can switch between both easily.
Maybe try it before deleting VM in case you don't like the setup on the plugin in use at least you will still have some channels until you decide what's best

Just to add, you don't have to remove VM before trying iptv. Iptv will just create a duplicate set of bouquets in most cases, you won't have 5 versions of channel 4 next to each other if you get my drift. You'll have your normal bouquets, then IPTV Entertainments, IPTV sports, IPTV Doccumentaries etc so you can switch between both easily.
Maybe try it before deleting VM in case you don't like the setup on the plugin in use at least you will still have some channels until you decide what's best
Thanks, I tried out a 24 hr trial on my 4k firestick on LTQ and Golden purple player. I liked it more than my zgemma, but my wife prefers the zgemma.
She usually wins!!!

Thanks, I tried out a 24 hr trial on my 4k firestick on LTQ and Golden purple player. I liked it more than my zgemma, but my wife prefers the zgemma.
She usually wins!!!
Take a iptv sub on firestick, you can watch sports and other channels in a different room while she's watching emmerdale farm on zgemma.
If zgemma is used mostly for these type of channels, scan for freeview or freesat and there's over 100 channels.
You can move the firestick anywhere in the house and back into living room whenever you want

Take a iptv sub on firestick, you can watch sports and other channels in a different room while she's watching emmerdale farm on zgemma.
If zgemma is used mostly for these type of channels, scan for freeview or freesat and there's over 100 channels.
You can move the firestick anywhere in the house and back into living room whenever you want
That sounds like a plan! Can you keep existing vm channels and also scan for freeview/freesat, or can you only do that with sat feed? I've got cable feed.
Cheers

That sounds like a plan! Can you keep existing vm channels and also scan for freeview/freesat, or can you only do that with sat feed? I've got cable feed.
Cheers
If you are using a H2h you only have one dvb/c/t tuner and you're using it for cable.
Cable ends in 2 weeks
You can plug tv aerial in the box and try it for freeview
If you have a sat dish you can plug that in and scan for freesat

If you are using a H2h you only have one dvb/c/t tuner and you're using it for cable.
Cable ends in 2 weeks
You can plug tv aerial in the box and try it for freeview
If you have a sat dish you can plug that in and scan for freesat
I've been losing channels on my vm line over the last month or so, so it looks like the end is near. 2 weeks? I maybe shouldn't have paid for a 12 month sub, back in April. You live and learn?

I've been losing channels on my vm line over the last month or so, so it looks like the end is near. 2 weeks? I maybe shouldn't have paid for a 12 month sub, back in April. You live and learn?
No one knew in April that it was going to end.
1st July it's all supposed to be finished

Code:

I did this very thing on mine 18 months ago, and it works great, keeping my EPG and skins looking just as I set them up originally.

I use xtream editor on a zgemma h5 and it runs perfectly well, as pointed out already, no need to do away with your cable channels yet, could still get some freeview channels on it yet, if and when cable does go, but xtream editor does the job as long as its a good provider supplying the iptv, my provider prefers to use that plug in before anything else.

I use xtream editor on a zgemma h5 and it runs perfectly well, as pointed out already, no need to do away with your cable channels yet, could still get some freeview channels on it yet, if and when cable does go, but xtream editor does the job as long as its a good provider supplying the iptv, my provider prefers to use that plug in before anything else.

Exactly, I use xtream editor too. I did use to have bot Sat and Cab running together, but since getting IPTV I just hid their lists from the bouquet now to only use the IPTV and keep it nice and neat.

In the same boat here, I have a Zg H2H, on VM/sat, looking at IPTV, had a quick trial and it seemed ok, I have a firestick, older one though, so I’ll probably use the Zg as I prefer the remote control as it’s more like a tv style remote for navigating.
Some posters have commented that a Zg isn’t great for IPTV but personally not fussed about ultimate performance, just so long it works without too many hiccups, anyone else running an H2H with IPTV, and find it OK?
Regards

In the same boat here, I have a Zg H2H, on VM/sat, looking at IPTV, had a quick trial and it seemed ok, I have a firestick, older one though, so I’ll probably use the Zg as I prefer the remote control as it’s more like a tv style remote for navigating.
Some posters have commented that a Zg isn’t great for IPTV but personally not fussed about ultimate performance, just so long it works without too many hiccups, anyone else running an H2H with IPTV, and find it OK?
Regards
Yes and yes again.
Although, the H2H is quite old now, so i'm looking at getting a more powerful ZG or alternative box for my IP needs.

Regards
Yes I am using Zgemma H.2H and its updated model H5 for IPTV with no issues.

Last edited:
Back