IPTV problem

sam70

Hi all...Iam a new member and not very clued about IPTV so please be gentle. I have just paid for IPTV service couple of weeks ago and it started fine . For the last 3 days, certain channels (entire country list) will work randomly..so they will work in the day and stop in the night. None of the affected channels is a premium subscription channel, just normal channels. Actually the premium football channels are not affected by this and work 24/7. I originally blamed my IPTV provider until i noticed that when channels stop working on my TV which is connected via ethernet to the router, they are working absloutley fine on my phone using 4G. Actually they are working fie on TV when Iam connecting it to my phone via hotspot and putting the phone on 4G. The minute I change to my home broadband (Virgin), those channels will stop working.

It is driving me mad...any idea on what is going on please?

Yeah vm are blocking you which is well known.
People don't get 4g is a mobile network hence why all channels will clear even those not working with your isp provider on your device they is no court order to block 4g mobile networks only your home isp can block you

Thank you. I thought of that but why Virgin is blocking some channels and not all, and not blocking them 24/7 as they tend to work in the day time? Also, is it not more logical for them to block the football channels broadcasting premier league rather than foreign channels which are free to air on any satellite dish.

Thank you. I thought of that but why Virgin is blocking some channels and not all, and not blocking them 24/7 as they tend to work in the day time? Also, is it not more logical for them to block the football channels broadcasting premier league rather than foreign channels which are free to air on any satellite dish.
in some cases they just block servers they believe may be streaming football, so one of your providers servers may get blocked and not another. If all works while using your phones hotspot then yes a vpn should work.

Thank you very much guys. What is the best VPN? I heard that some can cause alot of buffering and also some can be blocked by ISP.

Thank you very much guys. What is the best VPN? I heard that some can cause alot of buffering and also some can be blocked by ISP.
different people will tell you different vpn providers, I use surfshark which allows unlimited connections and have it on my box, my firesticks and my phone and works a treat. If a server starts buffering you can change to another server, that is the same with most if not all vpn providers

It is 6 am and I just checked the IPTV and as usual, every single channel is working absolutely fine. I will leave for work shortly and Iam guaranteed that when I come back this evening, 80% of the channels will not be working (The same channels every day). Surely Virgin block IPTV, if it does, automatically rather than a Virgin employee is sitting on a desk doing this manually...Has he not woken up yet and that's why the channels are not blocked early morning :ROFLMAO:?

It's when epl is on that's when they block so say a game ko at 5pm they will block you just before or just after 5pm.
Then they will unblock once all games has finished that day you can always install a vpn on your device so when they do block you can just tuen a vpn on and the blocked channels will clear

But this is exactly why iam confused as this is Not what is happening. Channels showing EPL are absolutely working fine 24/7. The blocked channels are normal free to air channels

I've found with VPNs certain server locations work better than others, can be a bit trial and error. I've used ivacy on my firestick and IPvanish on my vuplus box. As others said the blocks happen during epl games.

But this is exactly why iam confused as this is Not what is happening. Channels showing EPL are absolutely working fine 24/7. The blocked channels are normal free to air channels
You may not understand your provider will be moving streams onto servers that are Not blocked so you will still be able to view iptv and the streams that arnt working will be on servers that are blocked.
By law the powers that be can only block 3 servers 1 been the main server 2nd server most likely vod server 3rd server anyone's guess. You can't put over a 1001 and streams onto 1 server as it it will blow up.
You said all channels clear on 4g why is that cause 4g mobile networks are not blocked you put a vpn onto your system go onto a channel not working and will work.
The writing is on the wall it was all OK this morning but wasn't lastnight that's called an isp block.......

Back