IPTV Provider in the same/neseby Country an advantage?

Hello everyone,

I have a purely informative question.
Is it an advantage for the stability of the channels if the provider offers the services in the same country in which you live?
In terms of internet routing, would you then have fewer hops to the streaming provider?
Is this relevant and can it have advantages?

Yes is the short answer, but only really for the speed at changing channels. The less hops between you and the supplier = less latency.

Once the channel is playing the connection has been established and the limiting factor would be any bottlenecks in the connection, or the stability of connection (i.e does it need to re-connect).

I was in New York in Feb and I managed to play my IPTV from my laptop. It worked as well as being at home.

Yes is the short answer, but only really for the speed at changing channels. The less hops between you and the supplier = less latency.

Once the channel is playing the connection has been established and the limiting factor would be any bottlenecks in the connection, or the stability of connection (i.e does it need to re-connect).

I was in New York in Feb and I managed to play my IPTV from my laptop. It worked as well as being at home.
ok so it doesnt really impact if a Channel buffers or not if the service is in Switzerland or in the USA as example as long as the internet is good.
(live in Switzerland)

Take some trials to test. If you find one you like take a sub for a month and see how it goes. That's the only way to REALLY know. I suspect it will work well enough if you are in Europe. It worked well for me when I was in US.

Back