Iptv recording

jaball

I have the latest vix image 5.3.009 when I record IPTV stream it records OK but when I fast forward then press play it starts back to the beginning of the recording.

When I had a earlier vix image 5.3.003 I think it was it was OK any ideas any one
I am using Jedi maker xtream v5.21 for IPTV stream

Hello, a bit late but this is my exact question. I have just started playing with Iptv recordings and got them to record ok from epg timer or instant but playback only allows pause no Fast forward , rewind or seek. I was wondering if others have managed to do this and if so using what settings?

i am using openvix latest 5.3.038, vuduo4k Jedi maker with stream type 4097 and serviceapp set to original with servicegstplayer 5001 and serviceextplayer3 5002. I have multi connections on my Iptv sub.

I just use 1, 4 & 7 to skip back and 3, 6 & 9 to skip forward.
I think the right and left direction keys bring up the progress bar as well.

I just use 1, 4 & 7 to skip back and 3, 6 & 9 to skip forward.
I think the right and left direction keys bring up the progress bar as well.
Hi yep thanks, that all works fine for normal recordings from dvb 1 services but not for Iptv 4097 recordings for me. The skip just returns to the start and the long seek and actual ff look like they work I.e they show progress though the file but when you try to play from the point you want it starts from the beginning again.

I think I might have already seen that on my browsing but I’ll take another look thanks.

I have a dirty fix from that thread - thanks ....

Hello, This helped me out as I was having the problem with ff/rwd/skip on recorded IPTV. I couldn't quite get your rename files script to work for me but ended up simplifying it by running a daily cron with just ...

for f in /hdd/movie/*stream*; do mv "$f" "${f/stream/ts}";done

This seems to work and in its simplest form for me and just changes the "stream" in the file names to ts - this allows for the missing control on the file.

Obviously this is not the best way of doing - I didnt even start looking to amend the RecordTimer.py file but it seems the best way would be to fix it at source.

From the earlier comments is the amended RecordTimer file going to be included in a future release ?

I have a dirty fix from that thread - thanks ....

Hello, This helped me out as I was having the problem with ff/rwd/skip on recorded IPTV. I couldn't quite get your rename files script to work for me but ended up simplifying it by running a daily cron with just ...

for f in /hdd/movie/*stream*; do mv "$f" "${f/stream/ts}";done

This seems to work and in its simplest form for me and just changes the "stream" in the file names to ts - this allows for the missing control on the file.

Obviously this is not the best way of doing - I didnt even start looking to amend the RecordTimer.py file but it seems the best way would be to fix it at source.

From the earlier comments is the amended RecordTimer file going to be included in a future release ?

I actually tried the permanent fix as described in the WOS forums and it works just fine.

Back