IPTV - Security and Malware

Op has a valid question.

I'd be surprised if there has never ever been a case of hacking through a provider's own app. I mean all these 'cheap' netflix, dazn, etc. subs must come from somewhere.

If we haven't heard of it, it probably means there still getting away with it LOL.

My firm chooses not to use android phones as a work phone due to android's lax security in contrast to iOS.
The only hacking of apps that can happen is if the main app gets hacked.
For example when smarters got hacked and held ransom for so many bitcoin no smarters would work genuine smarters from whmc or hardcored versions same with xciptv but then it’s the devs of the app.
You do have valid point with DAZN ect just like iptv lines with the right software you can get m3u mac details portals ect so anything could be possible

The only hacking of apps that can happen is if the main app gets hacked.
For example when smarters got hacked and held ransom for so many bitcoin no smarters would work genuine smarters from whmc or hardcored versions same with xciptv but then it’s the devs of the app.
You do have valid point with DAZN ect just like iptv lines with the right software you can get m3u mac details portals ect so anything could be possible
People could disassemble an app, add what code they wanted , reassemble and let people download it from there own source .

It still may look normal from the outside, but could be doing anything in the background.

In theory anyway.

Op has a valid question.

I'd be surprised if there has never ever been a case of hacking through a provider's own app. I mean all these 'cheap' netflix, dazn, etc. subs must come from somewhere.

If we haven't heard of it, it probably means there still getting away with it LOL.

My firm chooses not to use android phones as a work phone due to android's lax security in contrast to iOS.
That's interesting they don't use Android , we have to use it as they took over a segment of market used for point of sale devices, hand scanners. We regularly update the things as I mentioned but our security team took extra measures to isolate them as they were none to keen.

Basically, say you use the same email/password across multiple sites and one of the sites is Footlocker. Then Footlocker suffers a data breach and all emails/passwords are released In Plain text people can then obtain 1000s of Combo Lists (email/passwords) and add them to a script and try them all on Netflix.com until they get all the hits they want then sell the account logins. Most of the time this is the case.

Your Netflix wasn’t hacked per say. More than likely you used the same credentials on a website that suffered a data breach.

If you put your email in here it will list the websites that have suffered a breach and had your email https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Basically, say you use the same email/password across multiple sites and one of the sites is Footlocker. Then Footlocker suffers a data breach and all emails/passwords are released In Plain text people can then obtain 1000s of Combo Lists (email/passwords) and add them to a script and try them all on Netflix.com until they get all the hits they want then sell the account logins. Most of the time this is the case.

Your Netflix wasn’t hacked per say. More than likely you used the same credentials on a website that suffered a data breach.

If you put your email in here it will list the websites that have suffered a breach and had your email https://haveibeenpwned.com/
Everyone gunna be checking there email on that site quicker than Katie price nickers going down

Haha! It’s worth a check Tbf especially if you’ve had the same email years just to be cautious.
And do not use same credentials across multiple sites, use LastPass or 1password or Google/apple inbuilt functions.
Where possible MFA is best.

I agree that is how most accounts are 'hacked'. My point was more that it is unlikely that there is no iptv provider out there who has not hacked someone through their own app.

iOS has a built-in functionality that notifies you if your password has appeared in a data leak - not sure if it has all the features of the site above though.

Hi ,
I was wondering how secure IPTV is and if viruses or malware are common? Or anyone got infected.
Thanks
All my fire devices are infected mate ...its with the amazon shite that keeps getting updated on them ...wish they would leave it alone ..they even tried hiding the developer options from me....😂😂

All my fire devices are infected mate ...its with the amazon shite that keeps getting updated on them ...wish they would leave it alone ..they even tried hiding the developer options from me....😂😂

That’s it mate.

Amazon tapping into all your devices listening to you moan to the wife that the washing up hasn’t been done and you haven’t had any action in the bedroom for weeks. Fast forward 24 hours you have Prime Deals for Blow Up Dolls and dishwashers.

Ya they are pain in hole with their updates.
I have them blocked on Adguard but then I like to have the security update.

If you install total commander you can just delete the stock launcher , I'm still using that for wolf launcher. Every update brings less ability to change anything.

At this point are the chromcast with Android tv a better option?

Seriously,?
Given that when you agree to apple T&C's you basically give them the right to look at the data on any device connected to the same network.!
That's only one reason I would never have an crapple device, they are ten times worse than microshite.
Talk about an invasion of privacy.

Sure, Tim Cook did not unlock the phone of the San Bernardino shooter but he’s reading my WhatsApp messages 🤣

Ok
No idea who Tim Cook is, and no interest either, but try reading the T&C's for crapple, it's in there if they wish to do it.
But, you obviously know better than crapple, why do you think they refused permission to the US gov to access their records, too much to hide maybe,???
All this info is in the public domain, but fanbois refuse to believe what they don't agree with.
No skin off my nose,

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea who Tim Cook is, and no interest either, but try reading the T&C's for crapple, it's in there if they wish to do it.
But, you obviously know better than crapple, why do you think they refused permission to the US gov to access their records, too much to hide maybe,???
All this info is in the public domain, but fanbois refuse to believe what they don't agree with.
No skin off my nose,

Just enjoy your android devices mate. It should not really bother you what I, my employer, or anyone else chooses to use.

…unwatches thread…

Just enjoy your android devices mate. It should not really bother you what I, my employer, or anyone else chooses to use.

…unwatches thread…
No factual arguement so just walk away, that's probably for then best when you know you have been proven wrong.
But, you're physic too, cos you know I have Android devices, even though I haven't mentioned once that I have any,,,,

It was Linux I said was secure, and that inherently Apple devices are subject to privacy invasion .

No factual arguement so just walk away, that's probably for then best when you know you have been proven wrong.
But, you're physic too, cos you know I have Android devices, even though I haven't mentioned once that I have any,,,,

It was Linux I said was secure, and that inherently Apple devices are subject to privacy invasion .

Like I said - why are you so bothered with what devices anyone else uses? Do you not have anything better to do?

If you’re going to reply can you not quote my post please - as this site still gave me a notification even though I unwatched the thread.

Edit - just discovered the ignore option, quote away buddy.

Like I said - why are you so bothered with what devices anyone else uses? Do you not have anything better to do?

If you’re going to reply can you not quote my post please - as this site still gave me a notification even though I unwatched the thread.

Edit - just discovered the ignore option, quote away buddy.
Oh, he replied,
Don't know why he's so bothered about being wrong,
I was wrong once, (y)

Back