IPTV setup on Mag 256

Jytees

Hi,

Just got a Mag 256 and looking to get it setup. I realise there's subscription to various providers but I'm just looking to set it up with some free stuff for the moment. Similar to the free stuff you get with the IPTV addonn on the Zgemma.

Any tips and info would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi,

Just got a Mag 256 and looking to get it setup. I realise there's subscription to various providers but I'm just looking to set it up with some free stuff for the moment. Similar to the free stuff you get with the IPTV addonn on the Zgemma.

Any tips and info would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Hi Apart from using your preinstalled apps YouTube maybe some games
etc browseing/theirs not to much to play about with?till you say get a free IPTV trial etc
your main concern should be setting it up i.e latest software enable auto update correct video
format etc...then get your trial etc and play about till your hearts content?
Good luck.

Ok mate. Thanks for the replies.

I already have an H2H with a VM line so I'm sorted for live TV. I suppose I'm just looking for a service that'll deliver on demand movies and perhaps 3pm football and stuff. Pretty much what the IPTV addon offers but better quality than the Zgemma delivers.

Are there any services like that?

Hi got a bit more time to reply now as was at work etc.
First of all going back to your initial question free stuff IPTV to play about with etc. 1: their is never IPTV on any Mag box when you first purchase it unless it's fully loaded with a subscription? but
unlike your H2H soon as you connect to both Sat/Cable obviously you can watch free-sat/basic Tv
through cable depending on your sub etc

Mag Boxes on the other hand cannot receive IPTV unless you pay or troll the Net for a free IPTV stream which their are many, you then upload the file to your ...
PC /flash-drive etc then transfer to your box..pointless in my opinion the obvious solution is..
buy an IPTV Subscription..most cover 3pm kick-offs+full Sports content.
You mension VOD/Movies etc..most will cover that but it's like asking someone how do you like your eggs
so to speak?some people love boxsets others don't some love movies from fifties/sixties/seventies to the present day..to the latest whatever the quality?but the end of the day it's always down to your provider?some let you record others don't a lot do catch-up..some don't. Catch-up in most cases is first class by the way!!

Ps:you can request a free trial on here on (TK) in the right thread etc, normally you just email
the provider..your Mag box..MAC address they then send you their URL with your username/password
etc which you then just enter/reboot and away you go.

Last edited:
Couldn't you put kodi onto the mag box for the movies tv shows etc for on demand I'm not familiar with mag boxes so could be completely wrong

Couldn't you put kodi onto the mag box for the movies tv shows etc for on demand I'm not familiar with mag boxes so could be completely wrong
If you were looking for a box that has kodi and iptv - get yourself a Formuler Z box . I have one , super box , easily as good if not better than a mag .

If you were looking for a box that has kodi and iptv - get yourself a Formuler Z box . I have one , super box , easily as good if not better than a mag .

Your right what you say Sloopy but he's just got is Mag 256 and it's all new to him
He can't do any worse than try a free Sub and take it from their.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Had a few test subs for IPTV and they're all much of a muchness in terms of streaming live channels but quite a diverse delection for VOD. Suppose I'll just keep trying till I find one that suits...and a reasonable price!

Thanks again!

Just keep getting tests upon tests mate and try to get one at weekend when football on as some providers are getting blocked when premier league on

Back