IPTV Smarters Pro problem

llwynog

Hi all, has anyone come across this problem my mate has with catch up on his smarters app, when he selects any programme to watch on catch up all he gets is a blank black screen but with the audio playing?! I have same app with same provider and have no problems, it's baffled me tbh :X3:
IPTV Smarters Pro 2.2.1.1

Thanks

He's using a 4k firestick and i have a fire cube btw

You need to go in the player settings and select software decoder.
Tick the 2 boxes opengl.
Then when you go back in the catch-up.
Play the video, click OK and go on the Hardware acceleration circle (hw) and make sure it is white, not red, restart the video and this should work.
Other option is to use an external player for catchup

Install another player on your device e.g. MX Player, VLC etc and change vod player settings. Happened to me and thought it wasn't working til I came up with the bright idea of changing the player. I don't think the built in player has the right video codec as it still plays the sound but no picture.

Depending on the stream I often have to change player from the built in player on Smarters. I find its good practice to have MXplayer Pro (there are cracked versions with more codecs) and the full Android version of VLC (not the amazon version) installed for these kind of times. One of the three usually works.

Also worth trying a VPN every now and then to see if the ISP is blocking something. Only when I have exhausted all of these options do I suggest reporting the stream to the reseller.

Back