iptv speed

s40

Hi people my iptv seems to buffer on hd and certain other channels could it be the internet speed im getting 33meg at router surely that should be enough ,im using zgemma hs and h2s ,also could it be my ip being blocked if so any good unblockers so to speek

thanks in advance s

Hi people my iptv seems to buffer on hd and certain other channels could it be the internet speed im getting 33meg at router surely that should be enough ,im using zgemma hs and h2s ,also could it be my ip being blocked if so any good unblockers so to speek

thanks in advance s
It could be a provider issue I'm only getting 40mbps and mine seems OK does freeze from time to time if your ip was getting blocked then you wouldn't receive the channels I think could be wrong hd does take high bb speeds to run smoothly have you tried on sd channels to see if it does it then

The speed you have is more than enough Check your router to make sure the Shields have been disabled

The speed you have is more than enough Check your router to make sure the Shields have been disabled
I'm on ee and never had to disable any shields I know most bb providers have some kind of blocks on them I think like sly and bt have so could be a router issue

how do i disable the shields ive sly q router thanks
I think you just log into your router on google type your router address in then enter your username and password and it should be somewhere in settings see I'm not on got sly I've got ee

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-broadband-shield-explained

How do I switch off Sky Broadband Shield?

Although we don’t recommend it, you can switch Sky Broadband Shield off at any time.

However, we recommend changing the setting to age rating 18, which allows you access to sites suitable for adults while still being protected from malware-infected or phishing websites.
  1. Sign in to broadbandshield.sky.com with your Sky iD. If you’ve forgotten yours, you can retrieve your details or reset your password.
  2. Scroll down the page and select Switch off.
When you switch Sky Broadband Shield off, it may take around 15 minutes to be able view previously blocked websites.

I have poor internet speeds. Approx 3-5mb. I live in a rural area with no chance of an upgrade. I can watch Netflix, YouTube etc no problem, would I be able to run IPTV. I was thinking of getting a mag 254/6 to run it. I'd be happy with SD not HD.

thanks in advance s

nah nothing to do with your IP being blocked. If the SD channels are working fine then it more likely a server issue.

I have poor internet speeds. Approx 3-5mb. I live in a rural area with no chance of an upgrade. I can watch Netflix, YouTube etc no problem, would I be able to run IPTV. I was thinking of getting a mag 254/6 to run it. I'd be happy with SD not HD.

Best thing to do is take out a free iptv trial and use smart IPTV 7 day trial and install it on a smart tv or android box. Then test it. You have nothing to lose. However I doubt that you could get steady HD with it. Maybe SD at 5mb could run well. If you need a server to test out you can find some on here or i can direct you to one.

Just to let anyone who's interested know, I got a Mag 256 and it is working perfectly. I stick to SD streams and I keep the delay set at 10s to stop any buffering.

Back