IPTV Stream buffering on Firestick but not on Smart TV

Fire sticks (Amazon) don't generally like third party IPTV apps but if your app works fine on the smart tv then it should work equally well, if not better on the fire stick.. with a couple of settings tweaks:

Enable Apps from Unknown Sources:
From the Fire TV/Stick Home Screen, go to Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Install unknown apps - set to ON.

Settings/Preferences/privacy settings:

Device Usage Data TURN OFF
Collect App Usage Data TURN OFF

Settings/Preferences/Data Monitoring TURN OFF

Settings/Device or My Fire TV/Developer Options

ADB Debugging TURN ON (Optional)

Settings/Applications/Appstore

Automatic Updates TURN OFF (Optional)

Give those steps a go and see how you get on. 🤞

Fire sticks (Amazon) don't generally like third party IPTV apps but if your app works fine on the smart tv then it should work equally well, if not better on the fire stick.. with a couple of settings tweaks:

From the Fire TV/Stick Home Screen, go to Settings >> My Fire TV >> Developer Options >> Install unknown apps - set to ON.

tbf all that isnt gonna fix buffering issues, device data should be off,adb bugging is only needed on if sending an app from pc or phone, if its not supplier end then will be the player ,like smarters works better and more stable with hw on

Alot of the third party apps work fine on the fire stick.

Just have to adjust the settings at times.

Alot of the third party apps work fine on the fire stick.

Just have to adjust the settings at times.
I know they do.. I'm talking about apps you won't find in Amazon's app store. Those settings are helpful for any app that is sideloaded and are the exact setting on my own fire tv cube and have no issue with any app except for Perfect Player which a recent Amazon update seems to have rendered it useless now.

agree with your post as that is exactly what i do when setting a device up but again theres nothing realy in the device settings that helps with playback its all in the apps

It can be a number of factors why buffering is caused not necessarily the app or device can be a provider restart change in stream ie backup kicking in your own isp speeds too many on home network

OK, so I'm slightly embarrassed. I tried the Firestick in another location; one as close to the router that I could get and didn't get any problems with buffering.
I'm guessing that the firestick was a little more sensitive that the TV in the first location.

Thanks for the explanation as to what 'hardcored' app. TBH as soon as I received the channel list from my provider, I deleted the vast majority of channels on the list. I'm only really interested in the sport channels.

Any other suggestions for IPTV app's? Recommendations for free one's greatly appreciated!

OK, so I'm slightly embarrassed. I tried the Firestick in another location; one as close to the router that I could get and didn't get any problems with buffering.
I'm guessing that the firestick was a little more sensitive that the TV in the first location.

Thanks for the explanation as to what 'hardcored' app. TBH as soon as I received the channel list from my provider, I deleted the vast majority of channels on the list. I'm only really interested in the sport channels.

Any other suggestions for IPTV app's? Recommendations for free one's greatly appreciated!

Theres many tbh offered by providers.

But Xciptv, implayer and tivimate are some of the popular ones.

Hard coded app has nothing at all to do with playback of streams , only hard coded to try and save dns or url getting posted. As some members have suggested tivimate is good app, also newer version of iptv smarters some may disagree but one good thing is you can actually clear cache from within the app now.

So have given Xciptv, implayer and tivimate a go. But what am I missing here? Why is siptv so bad?

No faffing about with uploading a playlist just with a remote control. No need for a separate EPG file. No need to sign in.
Just upload your list from your PC and you are good to go.

So have given Xciptv, implayer and tivimate a go. But what am I missing here? Why is siptv so bad?

No faffing about with uploading a playlist just with a remote control. No need for a separate EPG file. No need to sign in.
Siptv is allways first to get attacked.it can't handle live and big vod content .and doesn't like full ssl services

All the apps are a matter of personal preference mate, if something works for you then stick with it. What some of us swear by, others can't stand.

A lot better apps for tv/firesticks but here is 6 reasons why it’s shite.

1 90% of time you have to reduce the playlist on siptv as can’t handle big playlists.

2 the playlists always disappear so have to be reloaded

3 m3u are easily hacked and can’t protect the list on siptv

4 a lot better apps out there to be used

5 can’t make tweaks if run into issues like buffer size change stream player

6 can’t be arsed to give any more reasons why it’s shite!!!!!!!

Cause it’s shite
1 90% of time you have to reduce the playlist on siptv as can’t handle big playlists.

2 the playlists always disappear so have to be reloaded

3 m3u are easily hacked and can’t protect the list on siptv

4 a lot better apps out there to be used

5 can’t make tweaks if run into issues like buffer size change stream player

6 can’t be arsed to give any more reasons why it’s shite!!!!!!!
Nuff said bad lol

Siptv is allways first to get attacked.it can't handle live and big vod content .and doesn't like full ssl services
When you say "attacked" as in attacked by those trying to hack IPTV playlists? Or attacked on forums?
Can you explain want you mean can't handle live content. Isn't that exactly want a IPTV app is doing?

From what I'm reading the majority of IPTV users have their player and list bundled together?
For me I want a short, reduced list of channels and don't want endless VOD of Peppa Pig in my play list. Is there an easy way to edit / delete channels in a bundled type package?

When you say "attacked" as in attacked by those trying to hack IPTV playlists? Or attacked on forums?
Can you explain want you mean can't handle live content. Isn't that exactly want a IPTV app is doing?

From what I'm reading the majority of IPTV users have their player and list bundled together?
For me I want a short, reduced list of channels and don't want endless VOD of Peppa Pig in my play list. Is there an easy way to edit / delete channels in a bundled type package?
attacked as in hacked as m3u is easiest way + live ,movies ,series is a huge playlist if a supplier has the servers to do so n siptv can not handle huge playlists as mentioned above ,+ im full ssl with https + no port and it also doesnt like that

Back