Iptv using mobile data

Shaikhy91

Hi guys,

Just had a quick question. I'm thinking of getting iptv on my Samsung smart tv, however as I don't plan to have an Internet connection at the property for the next few months, I was thinking of tethering my mobile to the TV and using it that way. Has anyone done it this way? Is it likely to work?

Or any other suggestions for the situation I'm in.
Thanks

It will work, I know people who have done it, but a wired connection is always going to be the best way. Plus, do you have unlimited internet on your plan, if not, consider how much data you will be using.

It will work, I know people who have done it, but a wired connection is always going to be the best way. Plus, do you have unlimited internet on your plan, if not, consider how much data you will be using.

I do plan to eventually get a wired connection, it's just for the short term of which it'll be mainly during the weekends, so I'm hoping my 20gb of data should be enough. I barely use 5gb p/m currently.

1 hr of HD works out around 1 GB so stick to SD channels,It will work just fine if you set it up right as have done quite a few for mates

1 hr of HD works out around 1 GB so stick to SD channels,It will work just fine if you set it up right as have done quite a few for mates

When you say 'set it up right '. Is there anything specific that I need to do or just download the iptv app and provide Mac code?

Depending on what phone you are using really,See if you can connect the tv to it first but if not you may need to get a travel router

Depending on what phone you are using really,See if you can connect the tv to it first but if not you may need to get a travel router

I've got a Sony Xperia Z5, already connected the tv a few times to browse the net etc without any issues so connecting shouldn't be a problem.

Back