IPTV, What to expect?

Have had IPTV for a month now and at first was very happy but last few weeks every day i had problems and wondered just what should i expect for my 200 quid.
Mag 254 box.
Lots of the channels i mostly watch keep disappearing for hours then come back, they are listed but is a black screen.
On lots of channels i get lots of glitching. On some channels i get a few glitches per hour and just press channel up and back down to sort out but on other channels it will not play and constant glitching from the start.
I have good internet at home and at work and is the same in both places.
My days and nights viewing are decided by what channels are working and not what i want to watch so is it worth keeping faith with iptv?
I had open box v8 before and that had a lot of problems until i found a GOOD line supply then it ran perfect, oh how i miss that simple box.
Box and service are from ebay.
Many thanks.

You could possibly have a clone mag 254 which will not perform like a genuine box, secondly your subscription could be a poor one.

Get the box verified by informir
Then try a few other providers

Tbh I can't believe you've been a member of this site for 2 years and went and bought a mag box off ebay with a sub for 200 quid.
You could have bought a 254 for about 65 quid delivered from Infomir and done research for a decent sub for around 60-100. Your iptv experience would have been a lot better. The mag is so easy to set up yourself.

Not so sure that helps him now?....
I suggest maybe looking at adding a reputable subscription to it .. then all is not lost.. also some ISP are blocking streaming you may just need a VPN ..
eBay hardware can be hit and miss and eBay subs are really not reliable..
Try and salvage what u can .. look at reselling it on eBay and taking a little loss

No I suppose it doesn't, but as they say on "homes under the hammer" he didn't read the legal pack first - cardinal sin.

Tbh I can't believe you've been a member of this site for 2 years and went and bought a mag box off ebay with a sub for 200 quid.
You could have bought a 254 for about 65 quid delivered from Infomir and done research for a decent sub for around 60-100. Your iptv experience would have been a lot better. The mag is so easy to set up yourself.
To be honest that what i planned to do but 2 people i know got boxes from seller and they raved about them and i got one when i saw theirs working.
It was lazy of me because i knew very little about itpv and they were up and running in seconds and all seemed perfect with them.
Ive been a member for 2 years because i joined to research openbox v8 then later zegemma box.
Understanding these and setting them up and keeping them running perfect did not come easy to me and spent many hours on here and other places on internet and to be honest i took the easy option with the mag box.
Ok its now come back to bite me a little and will have to put more of an effort into it if i go down the iptv road.
Ebay may not be the best place to buy but there is a great deal of protection there for the buyer for 30 days then you have paypal protection for 6 months.
He had no bad feedback for iptv boxes and services and as said i had seen them working and took the plunge.
I will get 100% of my money back because it is not working as he promised in his listing.
Yeah ebay is full of people making false claims which will always mean the buyer will get refunded if they follow the return rules.
I have far better level of protection than sending money through paypal as a gift payment what is what all service providers seem to want.
As i have said if i stick with iptv i will go down the route you have suggested and this has been a good learning experience and i will get my money back.
Setting up a vpn at home will be a pain but i brought the mag box to use mostly at work as when i work i am the only person on site and although i have internet access i do not have IT privileges so a vpn i could not set up there.

Is the need to set up a vpn a new thing with iptv to try and block these boxes?

Many thanks to all people for their replies and i will keep reading and watching.

I see from your posting history you are in a VM Cabled area?

why didn't you just get a Zgemma H2.H and save yourself £100+?

3pm kickoffs aren't worth that much surely?

Yes mate there are new laws passed giving powers to block streaming ,, I honestly suggest for you get your money back buy a android t95z plus.
Then get the app ipvanish it's just click
And it works instant VPN quite cheap ..
Then get a sub off here ,,, as for sending as gift .. that's how it works ..if they been on here for some time , it's a good community and Thier reputation says it all ...

ah, that explains a lot!

I'd still get a ZG for home use if I were you and then use either a firestick or similar for a iptv sub, you can take it work or watch it at home but use the Cable for reguar viewing and just use the iptv for 'emergencies' and for work

If I were you now mate I'd check to make sure its not a clone, then if it isn't get a test sub by requesting on here and set it up yourself. Believe me its easy and there are videos to help, only takes 5 mins. As above if you need a hand give me a shout.

Yes new laws have been passed last week making it the ISP responsibility to block pirated streams ,, I would expect very soon all to be blocked , at the moment it's just rolling out and they blocking particular streams and channels ,. There's many ways to set up Vpn .. you can but routers already set up .... Android apps ... Modify. Your own router ..
Be aware not all vpn have streaming in mind ....
Ipvanish...Nord... Are good for streaming I'm sure there's a good few more

Back