Ireland V France kick off times announced

noelyf

VIP Member
Kick-off times confirmed for France ties
Tuesday, 27 October 2009

The kick off times for the FIFA World Cup Play off between the Republic of Ireland and France on 14 and 18 November have been confirmed.

The Republic of Ireland will play France in Croke Park at 8pm on Saturday 14 November and will travel to Paris for the away leg which kicks off at 9pm local time (8pm Irish time) on Wednesday 18 November.

The FAI have been given 8,000 tickets for the crucial second leg clash in France but are believed to be seeking more from their French counterparts.

get andy reid playing! he is like a new player, lost 7st over the summer, where does a pro footballer get an extra 7st from?? quality player, i like the irish would be great to see them with the bafana bafana

Sagna predicting a 'crazy game'

Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Bacary Sagna expects a 'crazy game' when France travel to Dublin to face the Republic of Ireland in the first leg of their World Cup qualifying play-off on Saturday.

France coach Raymond Domenech is under pressure after a poor group campaign, where Les Bleus lost out on the automatic qualifying spot for South Africa 2010 to Serbia.

Bacary_Sagna_280x39_500368a.jpg

They were particularly poor away from home, winning only two of their five games, but Arsenal full-back Sagna insists anything other than victory is not an option.

'It's one of the biggest games I've played in because at the end you can go to the World Cup so we have to win it,' he told Arsenal TV.

'I think France have just missed one (World Cup finals) so it would be a big shame to stay here. I don't want to think about it, I just want to play at the World Cup.

'We have to give more than we did in qualifying and if we do that we'll be fine.'

The Republic have impressed under coach Giovanni Trapattoni, going through the group stage unbeaten and drawing twice with reigning world champions Italy.

Sagna expects the pace of the game to be like a Premier League match, and he will make sure his team-mates know exactly what is coming.

'It'll be a very intensive game and we have to be ready,' he said. 'There'll be a good atmosphere and they have good players but we (who play in the Premier League) know the players so we can talk about them to the other players.

'It'll be a crazy game. They (the Irish) are crazy about football and I expect them to run all over the pitch to give everything and in the away game as well.'

France will be without playmaker Franck Ribery for the two-legged tie because of a knee injury but Sagna is optimistic they can overcome the blow.

'He can change the game and he's a very good player,' said the 26-year-old. ;He's a big loss for us but we have other good players and they'll want to show what they can do.'

Meanwhile, left-back Patrice Evra has been told by Manchester United team-mate John O'Shea to prepare for 'hell'.

'O'Shea, he promised me hell at Croke Park,' the defender told L'Equipe.

Evra has called on his team-mates to stand up and be counted and has implored France fans to get behind the team and the coach.

'We must stop hiding behind Domenech,' he continued. 'People who whistle are the same. They should not forget that he is a coach who must lead France at the World Cup.'

great to see we have a full squad to chose from, no injuries this weekend. unfortunately, i am working late on saturday and wont get to see the game.

Game is Live On RTE2 From 7pm

00023108-390.jpg

WORLD CUP PLAY-OFF: Republic of Ireland v France
Time: 7.00pm - 10.25pm
Available Online: Republic of Ireland only
Bill O'Herlihy is joined by John Giles, Eamon Dunphy and Graeme Souness live from Croke Park for the Republic of Ireland's first leg World Cup Qualifier play-Off as they take on France. The boys in green are set to battle hard against the former world cup winners to earn their place for South Africa next summer. The match kicks off at 8.00pm with commentary by George Hamilton and Jim Beglin.

Last edited:
Back