Is it possible to utilise Shield's Upscaling for Satellite?

Pilf

I was having a look at this thread about sending an Enigma2 signal via wifi and it got me to thinking about if it was possible to send an Enigma2 signal to a Shield and then take advantage of the Upscaling abilities of the box (As my TV is a pretty basic 4k model).
I took a look at Dream Player for Android TV but none of the native players allow for upscaling and I had an issue trying to use external players.

So, is anyone doing this? It seems like it should be possible but I haven't managed to work it out yet.

Well I was kind of hoping it wouldn't be a whole lot of work. Setting up Dream Player for example takes 2 minutes and I thought maybe there was a similar app that supported upscaling. I thought their exo player would allow for it but I can't get it to work.

The Mrs has complained about the number of remote controls we've got so I decided to run the satellite through the Shield to remove the need for the enigma & TV remotes so I'm putting the signal through the Shield anyway, seemed worth querying this while I was at it.

I already run IPTV on my shield but for standard shows, BBC etc, we always just watch through satellite/Freeview so it made sense to see if there was a way to do this. I just watch sport on the IPTV really.

And suddenly I've got it working.
I don't know what I did as the settings tend to be the same but it does seem to work through Dream Player via the internal EXO player that wasn't working yesterday. Weird

Get a Zgemma H9s and run both your and Sat and IPTV through that, i do it on the downstairs TV for the wife.
IPTV if set up correctly will run as good as any cheaper Android box. Even full EPG just like the Sat EPG. Gotta admit with Jedi its a brilliant set up

Back