is it still worth going motorised in this day in age :)

deano2010

hello all' is it still worth going down the sat route' i still have my led metal gear dark motor and a 80cm dish' i've got a zgemma star h2 box also which i know is a bit outdated now' i could set it up on vm which is what we have for our 100mb internet only service with them' but i can't see it lasting very long to be honest judging by what is happening at the moment with the sports etc' i did use iptv on my T95Z plus android box but i was not that keen on iptv. any thoughts many thanks

Plenty of everything available using a motorized system and euro-line.
Reaper.
thanks reaper' do u have a motorised too mate' would be great if i could get it setup again i suppose its not much hassle the hardest part is finding the sweet spot' signal wise on 0.8west then the rest should follow' i cant remember if i had to drive the motor to zero then tweak motor and dish to find 0.8 or was it send the motor to 0.8 then tweak lol

Here we go again--doom and gloom abound LOL
Satellite from across the globe will not disappear overnite---there are hundreds/thousands of channels available on may sats, some you need a euro-line for, others fta and others require keys.
with a good euro-line you can get many channels in english from sats along the east to west axis such as 30w, 0.8w, 13e, 16e,19.2e.23,5e, 28.2e, just to name a few.
Have a play and don't be put off by a few.
If you need help then ask.
Reaper.

It wouldn’t be the internet with out doom and gloom lol
That’s what it’s for

As said above if you can’t find anything to watch on a motor dish, there is something wrong lol
Don’t think the motor work with zgemma

I couldnt get the zgemma to move the dish, no matter what i tried so in the end up i connected the multi sat dish back into my old dreambox and took out a euro sub, i then set the zgemma up to a fixed sky dish for whats left on sat.

I run a 1.1Motorized Dish with the with a Zgemma H1 with a metal gear dark motor no problems at all - if its of any help.

Once physically setup to 0 degrees due South move the motor 1 degree West then in my case i rotated the whole Setup slightly to peak the satellite - this was done with mobile phones whilst a friend monitored the signal strength on the TV. The zgemma box was set to (Simple Mode ) - not very professional but works great across the Arc.

I couldnt get the zgemma to move the dish, no matter what i tried so in the end up i connected the multi sat dish back into my old dreambox and took out a euro sub, i then set the zgemma up to a fixed sky dish for whats left on sat.

Do you have a usb HDD connected. My h5.2tc will only move my motor when the HDD is disconnected. I think its a power issue.

Dont think i tried that, cant remember exactly, but as i said i set the dreambox back up for the euro sats although i only really use it if theres a match on somewhere that i want to see or 19e is handy for the ppv boxing aswell, but thanks for the suggestion willo i will bear it in mind for the future.

Connected my dreambox back up yesterday as i havent used it in a few months only to find that i am only receiving fta channels. I have checked my line and it is ok, i also tried a test and also a friend of mines line and they are just the same. So i went onto DCC and i see that everything is connecting ok, but on the one side of my DCC page where i have my box, the other side used to be desktop, now its local disc, no matter what i tried i cant get back to desktop, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas as i am baffled.

Connected my dreambox back up yesterday as i havent used it in a few months only to find that i am only receiving fta channels. I have checked my line and it is ok, i also tried a test and also a friend of mines line and they are just the same. So i went onto DCC and i see that everything is connecting ok, but on the one side of my DCC page where i have my box, the other side used to be desktop, now its local disc, no matter what i tried i cant get back to desktop, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas as i am baffled.
Can't help you with DCC but Filezilla Client is a decent option for you.

tried that but i couldnt get it to work either, thinking its somehow computer related,also i am not totally how a dreambox works on filezilla

Back