Is it Worth getting 1st Dish. ccam/cs Coming to on end?

BIGMIK

Im just about to join all you satalite geeks lol and buy a motorised dish, but after doin a bit of research, seen some stuff about CS etc coming to and end.
I do relise these rumours have been going around for sometime, especially siince N3 took out all the cable boxs (including mine) lol.
Is there any truth in them and if so...
Is there other ways to get what we all want (F@@TY).
So it wouldnt be a waste of time/money even starting this hobby, ie. Installing my 1st Dish and VU box?

Last edited:
i hope not! like you, i just joined the satellite system community and just got my dish. hope more knowledgeable people can shed more light on this rumour...

It all boils down to how much you value a months subscription. This could go tits up at any moment. There were rumours about June, then July, and will be every month from now. If your outlay is £200 and you value the sub at £50 then you need to get four months to get your money back. If you only value it ar £20, then you need to get 10 months. If you are worried about losing money, buy an s3 or 5 , much cheaper, therefore you need to get less months to break even.

Short answer to "is it going to end" - no one knows. Sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

if u get a week or even a day out of it you will still have a decent FTA box for uk and foreign channels so it worth it anyway if thats what you want lol u will probably get ya moneys worth in first couple months if it lasts that long but no1 can tell what sly are upto with the new pairing system (or can they) and there are no guarentees just depends what you are willing to risk

Im just about to join all you satalite geeks lol and buy a motorised dish, but after doin a bit of research, seen some stuff about CS etc coming to and end.
I do relise these rumours have been going around for sometime, especially siince N3 took out all the cable boxs (including mine) lol.
So it wouldnt be a waste of time/money even starting this hobby, ie. Installing my 1st Dish and VU box?

i see you do research good ,its mentioned it may be 28.2 that may get hit [ unknown when ] but you also have noted a motorised sat dish will get more channels in a wider scan and with the vu original can move your motor.

n3 did not take out all the cable boxes as the kryptview 750 with iconnect,780 and 850hd are working and if you were extremely lucky to find a cable card share [ very well hidden and not advertised ]blade combo.

i dont think its a waste of time as i have 2 fixed and 1 motorised that needs to be put back in action again lol

Is the kryptview 750 easy to setup. no need to upgrade, plug into my cable wire etc. I dont mind upgrading if it needs it.

Im definatley going to get a Motorised dish, still seems worth the hassle.

is there any way other than cs / cccam, if what box should i get?

Last edited:
the kryptview 750 and needs the iconnect is a very old box but you cannot buy it anymore,780 and newer box 850 on sale,once boxes are bought and flashed thats it no more payment but boxes are for cable and not sat.every now and again yes you may have to update boxes which is done after you manually flash box with firmware.s/w is by internet upgrade and remote control.

i think it will all be fine however, i think those of us on F3s etc will have think about updating our sat box if and when these updates start. the rumours have been around since c/s began.

if you only have a fixed dish then yes to both,,i would still keep my dish at 28.2 as there are good freesat channels there and add another.

can anyone comment on what other ways other than CS. ive read something, just not sure what.

---------- Post Merged at 07:02 PM ----------

It all boils down to how much you value a months subscription. This could go tits up at any moment. There were rumours about June, then July, and will be every month from now. If your outlay is £200 and you value the sub at £50 then you need to get four months to get your money back. If you only value it ar £20, then you need to get 10 months. If you are worried about losing money, buy an s3 or 5 , much cheaper, therefore you need to get less months to break even.

Short answer to "is it going to end" - no one knows. Sorry.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Ive got SLY's free channels and VM basic package. Would i get better channels than what im getting now.
Not to bothered about losing (to much) money because having a motorised dish still seems worth it? I should've got one years ago...

if u get a week or even a day out of it you will still have a decent FTA box for uk and foreign channels so it worth it anyway if thats what you want lol u will probably get ya moneys worth in first couple months if it lasts that long but no1 can tell what sly are upto with the new pairing system (or can they) and there are no guarentees just depends what you are willing to risk

ive currently got skys free channels and VM basic package. would i get many more with a motorised dish?

Buy a box get a line as there is no hard evidence c/s will end in the nxt few months as the rumour mongrels predict

n3 did not take out all the cable boxes as the kryptview 750 with iconnect,780 and 850hd are working and if you were extremely lucky to find a cable card share [ very well hidden and not advertised ]blade combo.

i dont think its a waste of time as i have 2 fixed and 1 motorised that needs to be put back in action again lol

i decided to take your advice on the Kryptview and ive bought the A780 for £130 including postage, 2nd hand though,
but that should be ok lol I hope.

Il still probaly get a Motorised dish but I have to wait for my nieghbour returning from France, because ill have to install it on his chimley.
He's away for months at a time so im not sure when he back, and the season starts in a few weeks .

Back