Is there a TV that allows you to play YouTube without adverts

Billy315

TK Supporter
Hi Guys, Just wondering if there was a TV that allows you play YouTube that stops the ads that constantly interupt your viewing?

I can control this on my PC but not on my LG tv. It allow you to add new channels but that is all.

Hi Guys, Just wondering if there was a TV that allows you play YouTube that stops the ads that constantly interupt your viewing?

I can control this on my PC but not on my LG tv. It allow you to add new channels but that is all.
You can pay for YouTube premium which gets rid of the adverts, it's not expensive or you can get a cracked version if you look around

Smart YouTube Next. Also can skip intro's, sponsors and more within the video. However if you want YouTube legit, you'll need premium

Don't know if I have missed something but it would probably be cheaper and easier to stick a Firestick in the LG and try all the YouTube hacks that have been mentioned!

Could get a raspberry pie and then set up a PiHole and connect it to your VPN, that way it will block it on all devices including smart TV who don't have Adblock support etc. Definitely worth a think about !

Is the pihole not just a DNS blocker? I don't think that can block YouTube ads in the app?

Yes but you can add custom lists to block, there are lists out there you can download and install on your pi e.g

GitHub - kboghdady/youTube_ads_4_pi-hole: YouTube script to add the new Ads list for Pi-hole

It's never perfect though, but it's worth having anyway to block all the shit that comes with web browsing

Would be much simpler getting a third party android box etc plugged in though...

Last edited:
Back