Is this a VM Cabinet?

Flexeh

Hi all,

we are moving into a new buildthe street existed for a factory but obviously it’sbeen redone. The street ya 30 houses/flats and is only about 100/150m. At the end of the culdisac some houses are connected as searched by the postcode but the property we are going to love in shows no service.

is it likely thecables Have been ran ready but obviously have to be connected once you move in?

there’s a cab(I think) 15m from the door is this VM?

If not is there a website to check wires/cab locations.

Thanks

Attachments

• 6F08F421-D6AF-4233-90B2-C6C3BFB0B82B.jpeg
    6F08F421-D6AF-4233-90B2-C6C3BFB0B82B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
  • 5AFF8279-8915-4C7B-AB2C-1C53691198B0.jpeg
    5AFF8279-8915-4C7B-AB2C-1C53691198B0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Thanks Guru - The code on it is 61015D400

Just find it strange that the postcode says no service for ours despite the bottom half showing, doesn’t even give the suggestion that you can get it! . Not sure how many have moved in down there but obviously the rest of us are stuck at the moment cuz the lockdown.

the red area is where the postcode checker says yes. And the purple dot is that grey cab. Just want to have everything in order for when we can move, gotta kit the whole house out

Attachments

• 4A9B5AD4-3E6F-4E59-B7AA-0BBFD3B7CA1E.jpeg
    4A9B5AD4-3E6F-4E59-B7AA-0BBFD3B7CA1E.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 26
I thot all the VM cabinets are under the ground. the man hole has CATV printed on it. That looks like a BT hub

Have you got an omibox on the outside of your property ? If so have a look inside to see if there is a feed coming in to test etc.

If not they probably didnt get round to pulling the cables through.

I know vm engineers are still working but not sure on domestic installs etc

I thot all the VM cabinets are under the ground. the man hole has CATV printed on it. That looks like a BT hub

I'm in a brand new development and that's the same now for my vm cabinet
A lot of sites now are telling vm they have to make the cabinets more in keeping with the development as the green ones are awful to look at.
They've even made them look like they have bricks on them so they blend in with the property

I'm in a brand new development and that's the same now for my vm cabinet
A lot of sites now are telling vm they have to make the cabinets more in keeping with the development as the green ones are awful to look at.
They've even made them look like they have bricks on them so they blend in with the property
To be honest that cab/whatever it is - is at a car park just in front of the development. The road existed previously as a works road but obviously the lots been redone.
Have checked street view and it wasn’t there prior to the development, but wasn’t sure if it controls lights instead etc

Not sure about connections etc but you can check on the VM to see if they provide services to your postcode.

Network Expansion
Hi mate

said above that some of the postcode is on but not ours. Soon as I put it in it says we are not there.

Nutter I’ve had a look for a box on the wall and cannot see one, there is a a grey cover at the front of each house, possibly incoming cable???

also this ia how close the house is to that box ( which I can confirm is VN) thanks to meadow

Attachments

• EFA24B38-7E11-4F1A-BCD4-712D2A5FCDB4.jpeg
    EFA24B38-7E11-4F1A-BCD4-712D2A5FCDB4.jpeg
    786.4 KB · Views: 25
  • F0855CE9-6DD7-46EA-933B-154F339B48C5.jpeg
    F0855CE9-6DD7-46EA-933B-154F339B48C5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Beet me to it ,that could be bt virgin would have a brown box about 6inch square outside the front off the house

Nah can’t see, think some of the neighbours would call the old bill if I started unscrewing it to look. Especially as I haven’t got the keys yet lol

Nah can’t see, think some of the neighbours would call the old bill if I started unscrewing it to look. Especially as I haven’t got the keys yet lol
Oh rite dont want to get you into trouble lol especially wandering around in lockdown

Usually on new build the groundworkers put the b t ducting in what is grey ,the brown box is Gas and the electric probably goes in down the side of the house to a electric cupboard.

The rossers are looking for large groups not self isolating if you go on your own and take a picture of the grey capping see if it has any name on it

check to see if any neighbor's have had virgin installed or ring the site office and check with them they might know if it's been cabled

Oh rite dont want to get you into trouble lol especially wandering around in lockdown
Key worker mate - I’m only passing the house on the way home.

it is annoying as we won the bid (the actual fist to do so) in October (The first) , and told that ready Nov, then Dec, then Feb, then end of March. Then when covid came They we’re finishing off and installing keysafes at each house and Once paperwork signed and sent back they were giving you the code to check the house if you was happy. Then the lockdown toughened and all work stopped. They did the work backwards rather than starting at ours and going down the street they worked the other way lol

looking at how close that box is though and the front room is at the back of the house, it should be easy enough to run, id have thought, as they could bury it in the garden and come up at the side/rear of the house. The only tough but would be the 15/20m of footpath or car park. As that would need asphalt repair and council approval (if the ducts are not run.

really hope there’s a VM engineer I can find who can check the maps!

sorry about spelling phone keeps changing words, drives me mad!

The ducting may be under the tarmac and garden installed during building
The engineers can rope the cables through
Next time your passing see if there,s a round 2inch black cap in the ground

Been for my daily exercise with the family and got a photo of that grey thing. Also noticed a new floor duct which I assume is for the street located in front of the big grey box

Attachments

• A605186A-03B3-4624-B77F-5B5761C840AE.jpeg
    A605186A-03B3-4624-B77F-5B5761C840AE.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DF553E9D-B054-4849-8AE7-293F2FF336F3.jpeg
    DF553E9D-B054-4849-8AE7-293F2FF336F3.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 21
Back