is your car ready for winter?

cactikid

VIP Member
hard to believe yes but weather forecasters have predicted bad weather next month,has your antifreeze / coolant been checked for protection? most off all do you have a screenwash that is freeze proof below -10 as thats no good use one that goes down to -20 and good wiper blades and remember if screen is frozen lift wipers off frozen screen as you will burn up wiper motor when blades are frozen to screen,what are your tyres like as you will need extra grip in bad conditions,i am even thinking of winter tyres to drive on the snow.
some cars are fitted with pollen filters and if they are stuffed as in not changed in service will not allow good enough air flow into car allowing windows to steam up and dont have it on recycle air as damp air wont clear.
might buy a snow shovel and carry in car as i am sure many of us got stuck last year,de icer get one that goes down -15 as a few i used froze on the windscreen when used.old batteries will let you down as they cant cope with the stress how old is yours?;)

forgot to add a breakdown in that bad weather we can screw the customer only five minutes away can take an hour and a half to get there:eyes::happy:

Back