isp blocking iptv on a samsung smart tv

It's your supplier. Your options are:

1) Hope you supplier can get around it
2) Get a VPN router
3) Change supplier

just checked my smart iptv mac address and then went into my virgin hub3 and looked at connected devices and it shows a different mac address for my tv is this correct . ps i was getting all chn and no problems now its very poor

Last edited:
Could be other issues, send him your Mac for your TV and ask him to Re-upload the Line to SIPTV again. It is always dropping lines... There a pile a ****
i had problems where i didnt even get a chn list and he had added my mac to siptv it would say its connected but i wouldnt even get a chan list then last night i got a chn list but what happens now it can take aprox 5 mins to view a chn or it will go straight to buffering and even say connection failed reconnecting i will refresh smart iptv but still nothing does anyone have any ideas at what the problem might be

i have had a test link and worked well. the guy i am with is saying he has tested my line on 4 other devices and works , my reply was i cant do anything to muck it up , about two weeks ago he said he was having problems and was going to use vpn , i then went away for a week came back no chn list at all on smart iptv, if formed my provider and removed my line re added it no change this went on for nearly a week and two days ago he re added it i got a chn list on the smart iptv app on my samsung smart tv which is hard wired to my virgin hub 3 and what happens now i will pick a chn and buffering comes up and after a few min its says connection failed and re starts, it then may connect for a short period then freeze and it will go into a cycle buffering failed to connect etc. i have explain to my provider that it doesnt work , he says its working on his side and i said well its not on my side and i havent done anything and can i have a refund, his reply was he has paid for the line from someone and its working on his side and looks like he wont refund me . is there anything i can say to him what the problem maybe as i dont have a clue about these things i keep asking for a refund but i get the feeling that isnt going to happen ?

theres your answer then go with the person you had the test with, but they may get around to blocking them eventually, move on and chalk it up to experience

sorted the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well its working as it should so far lol virgin media are throttling or screwing up my connection with iptv, what i did was turn the virgin hub 3 off from and used it in the modem mode and added a bog standard router to it works all chn coming up and working well . thanks everyone for helping

having problem with my isp i think they blocking iptv on my enigma2 boxes. anyway i can get round it ? i have a wireless router. can anyone advise me please

sorted the problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well its working as it should so far lol virgin media are throttling or screwing up my connection with iptv, what i did was turn the virgin hub 3 off from and used it in the modem mode and added a bog standard router to it works all chn coming up and working well . thanks everyone for helping
What i also found out was to hard wire from router to smart tv, as i tried it wireless and it didnt work

It's always recommend to use an ethernet cable when streaming, its the only sure fire way of getting the fastest speed available from your isp....

Back