Issue with Firestick 4 Max?

Tobias

Samsung TV
Firestick 4K Max
Tivimate

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?
I turn the TV off with the channel playing in IPTV, lets say Sly Sports News.

I come back 30/45 mins / 2 hours later, turn the TV on and what's displayed is always around 3/4 mins behind what it should be. So say its 2pm, but the channel will be playing at 13:56/57. So you just do channel up or down then go back and its running at present time. Its not all the time, but more often that not.

Never had this issue with the Firestick (2nd Gen). Same provider, tv etc. Only variable is the newer Firestick.
Never ever had this issue on old Dreambox we use for terrestrial tv channels.

If I'm actively watching football/programs, its fine. Its like it loses minutes when TV is off.

Is this just the randomness/problems that can be attributed to the 4K Max stick?

Samsung TV
Firestick 4K Max
Tivimate

Has anyone ever encountered this issue?
I turn the TV off with the channel playing in IPTV, lets say Sly Sports News.

I come back 30/45 mins / 2 hours later, turn the TV on and what's displayed is always around 3/4 mins behind what it should be. So say its 2pm, but the channel will be playing at 13:56/57. So you just do channel up or down then go back and its running at present time. Its not all the time, but more often that not.

Never had this issue with the Firestick (2nd Gen). Same provider, tv etc. Only variable is the newer Firestick.
Never ever had this issue on old Dreambox we use for terrestrial tv channels.

If I'm actively watching football/programs, its fine. Its like it loses minutes when TV is off.

Is this just the randomness/problems that can be attributed to the 4K Max stick?
You shouldn't turn the TV off with iptv running, you're supposed to exit the iptv app first.
Not sure it's 'an issue' really considering it's cured by simply changing channels up and down

Thanks for the reply.

It didn't happen with the old Firestick, so just wanted to see if anyone had similar frustrations.

Thanks for the reply.

It didn't happen with the old Firestick, so just wanted to see if anyone had similar frustrations.
I have the max 4k and the 4 k stick. Honestly can't say I have ever noticed the issue then again I would never knowingly leave it running when turning tv off for 45 mins/few hours.
Why would you leave it running?
You can set it so it starts up on last channel viewed automatically.

It's mainly for Dad. He's disabled and eats in the kitchen, so turns the TV off and comes back to it after eating.
As I said, its just something I never had with the old Firestick.

Check the app your using, as thats not a firestick issue, Ive had strange things with 2 of the same sticks running the same software doing different things, I put another version of the app on and it fixed it. not always the new app is the best.

IPTV is always slightly behind upto a couple of minutes is not a concern, 4 minutes is though but it is also possible your IPTV froze and then restarted at the point it froze making it further behind.

More likely its a provider issue than the fire stick.

Firestick 4k max is a decent device and a lot of people go for them nowadays. I would advise you make sure you close the app before switching the TV off otherwise it will keep going in the background and your provider might pick on it by using loads of data

The thing that puts me off for starters is “fire tv ambient experience” all we want to do is use the damn thing.
To be fair it does look nice on TV tho. The layout and everything and maybe that's why people go for it. I used to have it but changed to z11 pro max now and best IPTV device I have ever used.

To be fair it does look nice on TV tho. The layout and everything and maybe that's why people go for it. I used to have it but changed to z11 pro max now and best IPTV device I have ever used.
Not gonna lie the z11 pro max does look like a nice device how much was it if you don’t mind me asking thanks.

Back