Issues with virgin splitter for enigma box

Rich28794

Hi,

I have a labgear 5-2400 MHz splitter feeding into both my router and enigma box for my VM sub. I have a problem where every month or so where my internet slows down to the point where it won’t load any web pages and the egnigma box starts to freeze on every channel. It is defiantly the splitter as if I take the main virgin feed out of the splitter and put it straight into the router it starts to work perfectly again.

I have managed to get around this in the past by swapping the two cables coming out of the splitter over however the problem always comes back after a while. This is also the second splitter and set of coax cables that I have tried after having the problem previously.

Does anybody know what might be causing this? Could it be the type of splitter and cables that I am using?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a labgear 5-2400 MHz splitter feeding into both my router and enigma box for my VM sub. I have a problem where every month or so where my internet slows down to the point where it won’t load any web pages and the egnigma box starts to freeze on every channel. It is defiantly the splitter as if I take the main virgin feed out of the splitter and put it straight into the router it starts to work perfectly again.

I have managed to get around this in the past by swapping the two cables coming out of the splitter over however the problem always comes back after a while. This is also the second splitter and set of coax cables that I have tried after having the problem previously.

Does anybody know what might be causing this? Could it be the type of splitter and cables that I am using?

Thanks

Maybe but unlikely with a Labgear splitter.
The cables could be duffers but if you've changed them, this is also unlikely, it could be power levels in the router
open a browser window on laptop and type 192.168.0.1, click enter
use the settings password from the bottom of the router to login to the router
click Advanced settings on the left, then tools>network status
this opens a new page, click Downstream tab at the top and it'll show all the data in a list
copy and paste it here

Splitter is wrong as not used by vm
Possibly poor cables if used for a tivo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-10 New vm splitter on installs.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-10 New vm splitter on installs.png
    367.5 KB · Views: 15
the splitter may not be the one that virgin use but it doesn't mean it's wrong. It works perfectly well for lots of people.

Back