ITV Not Showing Correct region

caravanj

We live in North Lincolnshire & have always had the ABM set to Sheffield which gives us the local ITV Yorkshire, but after the last ABM update & Cross EPG update a few days ago, channel 103 now gives us ITV Granada which is no use whatsoever for local news which should be ITV Calendar. Channel 101 still shows correctly as BBC Yorkshire & Lincolnshire.
We have two ZGemma H2S boxes & both have the same issue.
It was discussed back in 2016 but we've always had the correct region channel until now.
Your help or suggestions please.

Thanks for your reply, these are box details. ZGemma H2S.jpg

Same as I said, it's only happened in the last few day. In fact our second box was showing ITV Yorkshire yesterday but as soon as I updated the ABM it changed to ITV Granada.
In the grand scheme of things it makes little difference as we can watch the local news on BBC Yorks & Lincs but we prefer ITV Calendar news.
Also I'm one of these odd people that like things to work, not partially work.
Anyway, being retired it's giving me something to do to pass the time so every cloud & all that. :-)

That's weird :unsure: I'm only about 4 miles from you and I get Central East news on ITV HD.
.... that's on ViX though. I'm surprised you don't get East Berlin news on ATV View attachment 60318View attachment 60319
Brilliant

Brilliant

I ignored the atv snipe deliberatly lol

What's the point of having vix if it never breaks, @grog68 would get bored :LOL:

Like both Vix and ATV but i always seem to be drawn to ATV.

I guess there is less configured on ATV and i like to configure things to my liking.

you are using ATv 6.1 so firstly I would consider reflashing your box to bring it up to date as 6.1 is no longer really supported.

If all else fails, when local news is on, turn to ITV and then press the down arrow and you will see a list of channels, now press the red button and you should see a number of different ITV channels, see if yorkshire is listed and if so select it.

Funnily enough i've got this problem too been faffing about all morning and reflashed twice, it seems Emily moor no longer does sd.
So i think it will be a matter of changing to yorkshire west hd and enabling swaps.
But i will still play a bit longer before i have to go out.

That's weird :unsure: I'm only about 4 miles from you and I get Central East news on ITV HD.
.... that's on ViX though. I'm surprised you don't get East Berlin news on ATV View attachment 60318View attachment 60319
I'm just going by the channel name, ITV Central HD rather than ITV Central East. On the occassions I've had the channel on in the past it's shown west news, might check later.

What region is your abm set to? I've got mine on East Midlands SD

I'm just going by the channel name, ITV Central HD rather than ITV Central East. On the occassions I've had the channel on in the past it's shown west news, might check later.

What region is your abm set to? I've got mine on East Midlands SD
Same as you, It's ITV Central but all the news is East Mids (y)
When it was Central West HD all the news was from Birmingham (n)

Thanks for all the replies.

Well I've flashed one of the boxes to Open ATV 6.4 ( I haven't reinstalled Whooshbuild yet) & it still shows channel 103 as ITV Granada, so plenty more playing around to do.

At last, I changed the region to South Yorkshire, enabled channel swap to 'yes' & we've got channel 103 ITV Yorkshire, so I assume Sheffield is either no longer a region or runs off a local repeater that isn't HD.

Last edited:
What's the point of having vix if it never breaks, @grog68 would get bored :LOL:
Exactly, who on earth would want an image that was faultless, makes life so boring :ROFLMAO: '
Same as you, It's ITV Central but all the news is East Mids (y)
When it was Central West HD all the news was from Birmingham (n)
hmm will try later, every time I've used in past has been from Birmingham but to be honest not checked recently

Well I spoke too soon. I installed WB Infinity on both boxes & the channels were totally scrambled with the EPG showing individual blocks of 100 channels.

Anyway, I've flashed the boxes back to the original installation & we'll live with channel 103 as ITV Granada as ITV Yorkshire has appeared on channel 803.

Just noticed this thread which explains it. WooshBuild - Change ITV Region

Last edited:
ABM is a plugin. It does not matter which image you use.

If you are in a region that has lost it's SD version of ITV, as I understand it, the HD version will still be correct. If I understand correctly, select the "HD custom" version of your region.

Yes, we get the correct ITV Yorkshire on channel 803 but my original quest was to get it on channel 103, but no matter what scanning settings I use, 103 always shows ITV Granada.

This issue hasn't affected Freeview terrestrial ITV, just satellite ITV.

To be honest I wouldn't faff around with the satallite boxes as we don't watch anything that we couldn't watch on Freeview, but we use OpenWebif to watch what's on the boxes on PCs in other rooms.

Last edited:
Check the Sky website, it will explain what has happened.
Code:
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/itv-service-changes

Also see this post which lists the closed SD versions of ITV.
WooshBuild - Change ITV Region

As I understand it, selecting the HD region ( with or without custom) will work fine.

Afternoon,

I dont normall use any of the +1 channels but went to watch ITV4+1 today and it came up as blank,just black screen. I rescanned with AutoBouquetsMarker and it was still blank, on checking the full list of channels, there is a working ITV4+1, which for now I manually added to my Bouquets, Everything on my box is upto date and Ive not changed any settings, Any ideas anyone?

Cheers.

I don't think ABM is doing it, I have just rechecked for you. If you are adamant it is, please post a debug log.

The ITV4 +1 on 10758 Vertcial 22000 is no longer a valid service. ABM does not remove dead services nor does it alter non-abm bouquets. It adds new ones and replaces the existing ones in its bouquets.

Edit:
You can also scan only that transponder and enable " Clear before scan" to remove it. Use manual scan, not automatic scan. This is using scanning function in enigma2, not ABM.

Last edited:
Back