ITV picture quality on Satellite supply

Hi
Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes.
My set up, I live on a community in Spain and we have a 2.4 metre dish set at the Astra 28.2 Satellite for us to receive UK free to air channels, I also have an iptv subscription using my Formuler z10 Pro and a 4k Firestick.
I have noticed over the last few weeks that whenever watching live ITV1 channels via the community sat dish the faces of people are blurred around the edges yet when changing from the sat to my iptv the problem goes away.
It only appears to be on ITV channels and I wondered if the change over to HD has affected the LNB on our satellite.
Can anybody advise please?

Hi
Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes.
My set up, I live on a community in Spain and we have a 2.4 metre dish set at the Astra 28.2 Satellite for us to receive UK free to air channels, I also have an iptv subscription using my Formuler z10 Pro and a 4k Firestick.
I have noticed over the last few weeks that whenever watching live ITV1 channels via the community sat dish the faces of people are blurred around the edges yet when changing from the sat to my iptv the problem goes away.
It only appears to be on ITV channels and I wondered if the change over to HD has affected the LNB on our satellite.
Can anybody advise please?
This does not make sense to me the ITV HD channels are fine .

What TP are the effected channel on ?

Sounds to me like you are still watching an SD ITV channel via satellite. Do you get a direct feed from the satellite dish to your own satellite box or are the channels re-distributed to the community via terrestrial?

The LNB wouldn’t cause a picture quality issue like that, at most you might get pixelating/break up from a weak signal but it wouldn’t cause a “blurry” picture.

Sounds to me like you are still watching an SD ITV channel via satellite. Do you get a direct feed from the satellite dish to your own satellite box or are the channels re-distributed to the community via terrestrial?

The LNB wouldn’t cause a picture quality issue like that, at most you might get pixelating/break up from a weak signal but it wouldn’t cause a “blurry” picture.
Its only around the faces that blur although not sure how to really describe it maybe fuzzy edges to the faces of people would be more accurate. I think I receive the signal direct from the satellite but there are a lot of people on our community so I guess the signal is feed via some sort of signal splitter/enhancer so cover the whole community, and it comes into my home via cable from the communication box where all the equipment is located. But its only on ITV channels. I have an LG Smart TV with an inbuilt tuner which I have tried to retune but it makes no difference to the ITV picture

Last edited:
Those are the SD channels not the HD channels.

What box do you have? Do a rescan of everything as you may have more channels that are SD rather than HD.
Its an LG Smart OLED55C tv with inbuilt tuner and I have rescanned and still have the same issue with ITV channels

I tried changing the transponder settings but all I then received was all ITV channels and no BBC.
I also noted that the sat changed to Astra 19 so I guess that's why I lost all the BBC channels.
The usual settings are Sat #1 ASTRA 28.2E, LNB Frequency 9750/10600 is there any settings I can change this too and still receive all the BBC and ITV channels in HD?

The settings you are talking about are the frequencies you tell the LNB to use. Please change it back.

People were asking you to scan and then use the ITV on different frequency/transponder

Where in Spain are you? Have you checked with any of you neighbours to check if they are also having issues? It could just be a general Satellite/footprint issue and the TP's are no longer available to you due to the dish slightly unaligned or Astra making changes.

I'm not sure what model LG TV you have, but on mine (LG C1 OLED) I can select between "Freesat" and generic satellite tuning. Which option do you have selected?

Thanks I have changed it all back to the original but still receiving ITV in SD and only have London ITV region in SD and still with the faces of people being fuzzy around the edges. I have another ITV channel but it does not load and I get the error message 'no signal has been found', this is channel 103 on my LG C8PLA and this went off air some time ago
Am also using an IPTV supply and that picture is perfect

Try retuning the TV completely and adding a different random postcode outside London to your TV's Freesat settings to get a different region on another TP.

Can you receive CNBC HD ok? If so, ITV Central West HD is on the same TP so use a Birmingham postcode.

Or do you get ITV 2 HD? As there are quite a few other regions on that TP.

Have a look here: Astra 2E/2F/2G at 28.3°E - LyngSat (The ones in green are HD).

Try retuning the TV completely and adding a different random postcode outside London to your TV's Freesat settings to get a different region on another TP.

Can you receive CNBC HD ok? If so, ITV Central West HD is on the same TP so use a Birmingham postcode.

Or do you get ITV 2 HD? As there are quite a few other regions on that TP.

Have a look here: Astra 2E/2F/2G at 28.3°E - LyngSat (The ones in green are HD).
I do receive CNBC but picture quality is poor and very pixelating, but ITV 2 HD is perfect and in 1080i

I do receive CNBC but picture quality is poor and very pixelating, but ITV 2 HD is perfect and in 1080i
In that case, there are a few ITV 1 HD regions on the same TP:

Granada
Tyne Tees
Wales
Westcountry

Channel Islands

Maybe try a random Manchester postcode and see how you get on.

In that case, there are a few ITV 1 HD regions on the same TP:

Granada
Tyne Tees
Wales
Westcountry

Channel Islands

Maybe try a random Manchester postcode and see how you get on.
I tried a Channel Islands postcode and ITV1 is now in HD and also channel 103 is now working whereas before it was not and we had to watch ITV on channel 111, but not getting C4 or C5. It looks like ITV London HD is the issue with using a London postcode

Yeah it looks like some TP's are weak in your location so I guess it's going to be trial and error until you find a postcode that gets you all channels!

Yeah it looks like some TP's are weak in your location so I guess it's going to be trial and error until you find a postcode that gets you all channels!
Yes I'm in Spain Costa Blanca and we have a 2.4 Metre dish but London ITV must be a weak signal over here

Its strange with 2.4meter prime focus Satellite dish your not recieving good signal on the effected channel After they improved the satellite transmission on 2e 2f and 2c fee years back enabling a smaller satellite dish to be used

Back