ITV picture quality on Satellite supply

The ITV channels are currently on the following transponders. You will have to see which one works best for you . Maybe go into non-freesat mode and scan that way.
10891 MHz Horizontal 22000 5/6
10906 MHz Vertical 22000 5/6
11053 MHz Horizontal 23000 3/4
11068 MHz Vertical 23000 3/4
11097 MHz Vertical 23000 3/4
12168 MHz Vertical 27500 2/3
12226 MHz Horizontal 27500 2/3
12363 MHz Vertical 27500 2/3

For information, BBC SD and ITV SD channels on 28.2 are being switched off next week. So there may be more transponder changes.

Last edited:
Its strange with 2.4meter prime focus Satellite dish your not recieving good signal on the effected channel After they improved the satellite transmission on 2e 2f and 2c fee years back enabling a smaller satellite dish to be used
I'm not sure if its a dish alignment issue as when I tried a different UK postcode channel 103 is working, it seems to be using a London postcode that causes both channel 103 to have no signal and channel 111 or 977 to be broadcast in SD with the poor picture quality.
I am using a Manchester postcode and 103 is in HD working fine as it a Kent postcode, it looks to me like its ITV London transmitter that is the issue so I guess I will just have to go without local news from the area I wanted but hey as I live in Spain its not a big issue.

Last edited:
I have switched to non-freesat mode and now have many regional ITV channels but still cannot find ITV London HD and when I tried changing to the transponder number for ITV London HD 12363V27500 I get 'no signal' message

That means the transponder is not strong enough for your location. Not sure if dish can be tweaked or a bigger dish is required. Check with others near to you.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that when you scan, the ITV channels will not have the region name added.

That means the transponder is not strong enough for your location. Not sure if dish can be tweaked or a bigger dish is required. Check with others near to you.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that when you scan, the ITV channels will not have the region name added.
We have a 2.4 community dish and when I input a different postcode area channel 103 is available but then I lose 104 hence I think our dish may be slightly out of alignment. Yes ITV unlike BBC don't have regional names and the nearest I am getting was Meridian ITV local news

Back