I've Won The Drone, Where Do I Start??

My new toy has arrived, thank you @HiTecK and everybody who took part.

I have no idea where to start @wheelo ?
Are they any good beginner web sites to look at?
Loads and loads of beginners tips videos on you tube, but as Stuss says, find a good open field to master up down, left, right, rotate clockwise/anti clockwise.
There are tutorials in the DJI Fly app too.
I'll,put together a list of YouTube videos I watched as far as I can remember.

I like this guys stuff, he keeps it nice and simple

but there are so many, it is hard to recommend one over another. you really need to consider the environment you are in - forest, open field, going under obstacles (bridges, tunnels, caves, etc.) and set your RTH (return to home) options appropriately. The Drone has a function that you choose one of three options for it to take in the case that it loses signal from the remote control (if it goes too far away, goes in behind a building and loses signal, etc.)
So, in the case you lose signal, if you are in forest, going under bridges, etc. you don't want to tell the drone to go to 80 metres and then return to where it started as it may hit a tree on the way up to that height - you would set it to hover or land in the case of losing signal. However, if you are out in the open and you lose signal, you can easily tell the drone to go up to 60/80 metres (so as to avoid buildings/ trees) then come back to where it started.

Would you like me to take this discussion into its own thread, where we can share tips, or questions with everyone?

Look @ that beauty

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516_163226_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516_163226_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 14
Back