Jessie J cancels Oxegen gig

noelyf

VIP Member
Friday 1 July 2011

Singer Jessie J has cancelled her performance at a number of Summer festivals, including Oxegen next week, due to injury

43.jpg

English singer Jessie J, who will not be playing Oxegen 2011

Jessie, real name Jessica Cornish, fell and broke her foot while rehearsing for the Capital FM Summertime Ball in June. The singer took to the Glastonbury festival last week on a pair of crutches with her broken leg in a large cast.

The Do It Like A Dude singer apologised to fans on her personal website, stating "Sorry doesn't feel enough to say, I am devastated for my fans that I know have been waiting to see me and working hard for tickets".
"I was so excited about the summer and I'm as upset as you all are. But unfortunately these things happen. I have to remain positive and I promise I will make it up later in the year."

She underwent surgery on her foot during the week but doctors have advised her against playing any shows, allowing time for her foot to recover. She was scheduled to perform at 15:30 on the Oxegen main stage, Saturday July 8th.

"I am in tears. I never thought it would come to this. Next year I will be at all the festivals but for now I have to follow doctors orders and just look after me. I know my #heartbeats will understand... #imsorry", via Jessie's official Twitter page.

The singer will also not be attending T In The Park, T4 On The Beach, Paris: Orange Rock Corps, Wembley: Orange Rock Corps, iTunes Festival, Lovebox, Radio Aire Party In The Park, Key 103 Summertime Live and Summer Sonic Japan.

Back