Just bought a new Iphone 4 but dont know what network its on

GAZB

A friend sold me an Iphone 4 , he doesn't know what network its on ? , its all new in its box , I need to know how to find out what network it is on , ive tried it on orange but its not that , is there an easier way for me to find out rather than having to buy other sim cards to try in it

In the USA iPhones are AT&T or Cingular.

From what i can read online it looks like Tesco, Orange, O2, and Vodafone in the UK.

That is simply from what i can Google on my side of the pond though. Hopefully, someone else can clarify further.

Mine is on 3 network. where did your friend buy it from?
only thing is with the i4 is the sim is a micro sim.
I take it as you tried orange your in the UK. the most popular network for the i4 is O2, so if you can get a micro sim for that try that. or do you know anyone else thats got one so you can try their simcard. Im not sure if these actually come simfree in the respect that you can try any sim. Maybe an idea to contact an apple shop and say a friend has given you it and can they check what network its on- dont know if giving them the serial number would help - providing its not pinched. lol! or even try an carphone warehouse shop - they will have sims that you can put in to test

Back