just got this e-mail from plus net -_-

Dear Mr Lidster,

Unfortunately we have received a complaint regarding copyrighted material that appears to have been shared from your connection. If you are not sure why this might have been received or would like more information regarding this please raise a query at (link removed) (click on Customer Services & Billing / Contact the Abuse Team).

We are legally required to advise you that you must take all reasonable precautions to ensure that no one (including you) uses the Service:
(a) fraudulently or in connection with a criminal offence;
(b) to send, knowingly receive, upload, download or use any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, or in breach of copyright, confidence, privacy or any other rights.

If you are aware that this is happening on your connection, please ensure you stop the sharing of the offending material.

Even if you are sure that nobody in your household has been sharing any copyrighted material the account holder is responsible for any and all use of the connection. Please ensure that if you use a wireless network that it is fully password protected and as secure as is possible. For more information on securing your networks and computers please see (link removed)

Kind Regards,

Plusnet Abuse Team

This email has been sent as it contains important information about your service from Plusnet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.

Email Ref: E1027

PlusNet PLC Registered Office: The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU. Registered in England no: 3279013

---------- Post Merged at 03:10 PM ----------

anyone else recieved this sort of message from the net provider ? the only thing i can think of is me skybox :whacko:

have you downloaded any music.my son got a similar letter from bt when he downloaded a music album.(he hasnt got any kind of box)

been using pirate bay for years and years yet only had a skybox a couple of month and this is the first time i have had an email like this. i just thought it might have somethin to do with skybox so double checking.

iam with plusnet, always use tpb and download a few every week, never had a letter. maybe you need a vpn ? to hide your ip. regards

A mate from work had a similar letter.. He been using the bay for years with no problems, then got expendables 3 from there and then got a letter.... Aint there a new law coming in that they send out 4 letters and then nothing happens??? i wouldnt worry about it too much..

do what most people do

change the ports on any software u use thats why flagged as they watch ports. I used to do it when i worked at blueyonder

port for 1214 for kazza, utorrent i think is 45000 to 63555 i changed to under 2000

Most of those software have an option to randomize the port anyway its usually the ISP who start blocking 'their' IP addresses from accessing certain sites like Bay. VPN apps cloak your IP in another country server which ISP's have no issue with, then they can't ban that IP.

VPN is how Chinese people get on Facebook when the state bans use. I just love how technology and people adaptation of it fucx's governments draconian laws.
I can't wait the day people start to realise they don't need a government anymore things gonna start running themselves.

Peerblock and Peer Guardian type apps block lists of IP addresses from connecting to your computer. Not a good idea to block your ISP from pinging their IP's. These apps are good at blocking known government IP address ranges FBI, MI6, Academic Institutions and such.

Oooppps!!! Cheers darkstar!!! I've been using peer block while downloading from certain sites.. Can u recommend other protection apps?? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if u a 'bad man' these systems can identify who is consistently doing what. VPN -virtual private networking allows you to anonymise your usage or at least deflect it to the VPN address you are shielded behind. The real bad guys and supposedly 'good guys' use combo's of VPN, peer apps, hacking software to achieve their goals. Like Israeli intelligence they are danger I us people man they can do all sorts of things and be using 'YOUR' IP to do it so they don't get caught doing it!

Back