K-seal to fix coolant leak

pieeater2015

TK Veteran
Has anyone tried this,I have coolant in my oil and have been told its either Head gasket or another gasket what i dont remember the name of,If its the Head gasket the repair is more than the car is worth and the other one was about £400,I am looking at maybe trying to empty the oil and change the oil filter,drain the coolant,put all new in then throw in the K-seal.

That the one with warranty that does not work? Might not be a headgasket issue unless its a rover 213 lol.
What car is it as sounds like oil pressure is greater at source and entering coolant system and rising milky level in coolant bottle.

NEED NEW GLASSES lol

Might depend where the issue is if coolant is getting into oil but if you say car is not worth it then give it a try as might get longer out of it and closely follow instructions.

What car is it as sounds like oil pressure is greater at source and entering coolant system and rising milky level in coolant bottle.

2007 Corsa D petrol,lately i need to keep toping it up,the mechanic i know showed me a gasket what it could be and he says its where the oil and water come through seperated by rubber on the gasket,thats the £400 fix but if its not that and the head gasket he dont want the hassle.He does repairs from home but he is Manchester based so its a bit of a journey and my luck the car would die on the motorway.

yes it will kill it if driving for long periods.cylinder_head_gasket_opel_corsa_agila_astra_1_2l_1_4l_5607837_93177159_808_134.jpg
Note the extra sealing power above the smiley face bottom left showing water channel and oil pressure feed to head.

s-l500.jpg The Gasket he showed me was like the one in the right hand corner,He said it could be that,otherwise its the other,the mot runs out in november and only doing short journeys so was hopeing the k-seal would work till then

Your well screwed with those 3 cylinder engines i hate them , pissing oil light switches and worn out timing chains.

must be a big kit with timing chain guides and tensioners included +2007 worth nothing.

Go for it but you might have to remove stat first , guess where the seal goes around the stat:cry::cry::cry::cry::notworthy::notworthy::LOL:

with the car running,
find the coolant hose, usually a biggish hose running to the radiator,
and give it a squeeze, if you can get someone else to rev the engine while you are doing this you should feel the hose going harder with pressure if its the head gasket

although, if its the head thats gone you usually see clouds of white smoke on start up and coolant entering the oil, and not oil in the coolant.

with the car running,
find the coolant hose, usually a biggish hose running to the radiator,
and give it a squeeze, if you can get someone else to rev the engine while you are doing this you should feel the hose going harder with pressure if its the head gasket

although, if its the head thats gone you usually see clouds of white smoke on start up and coolant entering the oil, and not oil in the coolant.
Thats whats happening coolant in the oil,not oil in the coolant,the oil level on the dipstick is half way up the stick a mixture of coolant and oil.I was hopeing to empty the oil and filter, empty the coolant,replace with new and throw the k-seal in,even all that stuff would cost near £70,might be worth just scrapping it.
Get the gasket for about £15-£20 and put it on yourself, it's only about 10 bolts need undoing and then tightening back up.
i have seen a video how to change it and it looks simple so maybe it can not just be that with him saying he would not want to do the job.Then the other gasket he said it could be must take some time to get to for him wanting £400

Thats whats happening coolant in the oil,not oil in the coolant,the oil level on the dipstick is half way up the stick a mixture of coolant and oil.I was hopeing to empty the oil and filter, empty the coolant,replace with new and throw the k-seal in,even all that stuff would cost near £70,might be worth just scrapping it.

i have seen a video how to change it and it looks simple so maybe it can not just be that with him saying he would not want to do the job.Then the other gasket he said it could be must take some time to get to for him wanting £400
He told you £400 because he doesn't want the job.
If you change it yourself it either works or it doesn't, it certainly won't be any worse and will probably fix it for good.

i would not even attempt it on a car with timing chain and too many issues in removing and refitting and if side cover needs to come off also?

What special tools do you have torx, torque spanner and angle tensioning lol

i would not even attempt it on a car with timing chain and too many issues in removing and refitting and if side cover needs to come off also?

What special tools do you have torx, torque spanner and angle tensioning lol
adjustable spanner and a hammer,I was hopeing someone might have tried k-seal and would of worked for a temporary fix till the Mot ran out.

try a bottle of k-seal, i've used it on a rover a few years back and it will work for a week or so.
if your cars insured drive it out to the country and torch it, buy another with the pay out.
problem solved.

So pieeater did you get the k-seal or not? How's the motor?
drained the oil,coolant,replaced with new put the k-seal in,the car ran ok for 2 days then started cutting out when the car stopped at the lights,the revs would just drop,watched a video on youtube about bad idleing,so decided to buy a cleaner for the throttle body from euro carparts,cleaned it now the car don't start.waiting for her get home and try and bump start it with a tow,if that don't work its getting towed to the scrap yard and ill go back to first class walking

drained the oil,coolant,replaced with new put the k-seal in,the car ran ok for 2 days then started cutting out when the car stopped at the lights,the revs would just drop,watched a video on youtube about bad idleing,so decided to buy a cleaner for the throttle body from euro carparts,cleaned it now the car don't start.waiting for her get home and try and bump start it with a tow,if that don't work its getting towed to the scrap yard and ill go back to first class walking
think it might get stolen tonight and torched :sneaky:

not worth it,I always put the value of the car really cheap so the insurance is cheap,Think i had its value about £500

Back