Kieran Tierney: Arsenal 'optimistic' over Celtic defender deal

Bennie45

Arsenal are in talks with Celtic to sign Scotland defender Kieran Tierney.

The Premier League club had a £15m bid rejected by the Scottish champions but are expected to return with an improved offer for the 22-year-old.

There is optimism that an agreement will be reached between the two clubs, and personal terms are not expected to be a stumbling block.

Tierney has only played sporadically this year because of a hernia problem and is recuperating from surgery.

He would be a good signing for Arsenal, but once again its a case of Celtic cashing in on their only real asset, just reaffirms my point of a few days ago that Celtic are going backwards under this balloon of a chief executive in Lawwell and the incompetence management of Lennon, if they get 20 million for Tierney, I wouldnt mind so much if it was mostly spent on recruitment for this coming season, as they did when they sold Aidan McGeady to Moscow, but I think the money will just be added to their bank balance, so Lawwell can boast about how well the club are doing, while the team and the fans suffer, hope I am wrong and a few quality signings are brought in, I suppose time will tell.

Back