Klitschko issues Haye challenge

noelyf

VIP Member
0001bbce10dr.jpg

Wladimir Klitschko has laid down the gauntlet to David Haye by warning his fellow world heavyweight champion: 'You can't run away from me forever.'

WBA title holder Haye withdrew from a fight with IBF and WBO champion Klitschko due to injury last summer before walking away from negotiations with his brother Vitali, the WBC king, in order to challenge Nikolay Valuev instead.

The Englishman still publicly craves a crack at both siblings in what would be blockbuster events but talks have yet to reopen.

In a video message posted online and released to the media, Wladimir said: 'I want to send this message to boxing fans and directly to David Haye.

'David, you've bitched out on fighting both Klitschko brothers twice already and now is the time to make it happen.
'On behalf of the boxing fans around the world, I am officially calling you out to fight me.
'You can't run away from me forever and you need to follow through with this fight to get respect. I'm ready.
'What are you waiting for?'

On 3 April Haye impressed in his first defence of the WBA belt he took from Valuev, destroying tough American John Ruiz in nine rounds in Manchester.

The Londoner is the most marketable fighter in the heavyweight division alongside the charismatic German-based brothers, who have spent recent years treading water against poor opposition.

While Vitali faces London-based Pole Albert Sosnowski next month, Wladimir knocked out Eddie Chambers in March in the 12th round of a sterile contest.

it`s a shadow of the heavy weight division from 15 years ago, all 3 would of been battered by Tyson, Haye should batter both of them if he can take a punch, there fights i would like to see.;)

Back