WooshBuild Kodi smb setup issue

IanS1

Hi, can someone help a newbie again please....this relates to Kodi (18.7 build) on the H9 Combo zGemma box via the Wooshbuild (OATV v6.4), I'm trying to play my local media library via smb (i.e. utilising the scan content/artwork etc. which I like, as opposed to just a title in a folder), I'm pretty familiar with Kodi on all OS' and been using for several years. The files scrape in OK but won't play (is there a extension/driver I'm missing?), the 'Workgroup' doesn't appear in the smb so I setup this up manually using the ip address/password etc., I can play through upnp but I'd like to use Kodi as I normally do with the artwork as mentioned.

I've looked on the forums and tried to apply the solutions suggested but they don't work for me, please help!

Last edited:
I've found a workaround and what the issue is I believe....after manually mapping/scraping the files in through smb, the reason the files weren't playing is that Kodi is using 'HiPlayer' as the default player which doesn't work (at least for me), anyway I've found that if I view the media via the full list menu, and select 'play using' the Video Player option, through the sub menu, this works.

Last edited:
Back