Kryptview A780 - channels keeps scrambling.

Hi

Pls help - I have reset and already updated my box, but my channels keeps scrambling - they will come and go at any time which is really frustrating. I thought it would have been a problem with my signal, so I bought myself a signal booster which has not made any difference. I only happen to get one server on this box :( Please can someone advise what I can do...

Thanking in advance

Smith

Welcome to KV smithj... what is your signal strength and quality strength (press the button to the left of the back button on the remote and they will be at the bottom) when you say the channels keep scrambling do you mean your getting more "scrambled or no video" than normal..?

@ Ted - the signal strength is about 77% and quality strength is about 79%

What I meant by channels keep scrambling for eg - sky sport channels will work one day then next day it will keep coming up with this message scrambled or no videos then I would reset the box which normally would bring back the channels. I really hate doing this as it is quite frustrating.

signal and quality look ok at the moment,what date does the firmware on your box say and did you do a factory reset when box was flashed/updated?internet connected which way have you done this.

@ Ted - the signal strength is about 77% and quality strength is about 79%

What I meant by channels keep scrambling for eg - sky sport channels will work one day then next day it will keep coming up with this message scrambled or no videos then I would reset the box which normally would bring back the channels. I really hate doing this as it is quite frustrating.

Sounds like you either have an intermittent problem with either your cable, or you are having Net problems, what are you using for your Net, wireless or direct connection, what type of router are you using, are you paying for a sub or are you splitting your BB feed.

i had a similar problem to this but i knew i had a jointer inline this was causin a fluctuation in signal levels for me ripped old cable out and put a fresh run in job done.make sure all connections tight etc

Shedman - i had problems with low connectivity with my ISP so they came over and removed all the splitters and only change the metal bit on the cable which was loose. The guy said there was no problem with the cable itself.

@cactikid - my firmware is currently up to date but I did reset once it had been updated. Unfortunately I do not know how to flash my box hence why I might need help with this in case it will solve my problem.

yep that is the current firmware.did you try powering off at rear box modem and router for 30 secs then on,sometimes if there is a bug there it can clear it.wait a min for connection to lan .

Has the problem only just started..? Have you had the box working ok so far..? When you lose the channels can you still get FTA beeb and itv and bid tv(SV joke) is your computer still able to go online..? Do you lose all the premium channels for the whole day when it goes scrambled/no video or just a few hours etc..?

Hi,

If I were you I would do a manual reflash with this file
Kryptview_A780_ 29112011, it is in the download section here

You will also need the loader program to transfere the
firmware from your computer to your box it is also there.

You may have got a glitch when updating firmware over the net.

Your signal all sounds ok, so I would try this before
messing round with cables.

Read the "sticky" threads at the top of the kryptview section.

If you get stuck post back, I will leave it to Ted to tell you all
about null modem cables lol

Last edited:
Has the problem only just started..? Have you had the box working ok so far..? When you lose the channels can you still get FTA beeb and itv and bid tv(SV joke) is your computer still able to go online..? Do you lose all the premium channels for the whole day when it goes scrambled/no video or just a few hours etc..?

This problem has been ongoing for past few weeks - I thought it was something to do with my net connection but no problem whatsoever with my net. When I loose the channels, I can still see the normal beeb, itv channels. I tend to loose the premium channels whole days and sometimes for few hours

Just do a manual re flash mate,then we know if its a firmware
problem, if that doesnt sort it, and you are scanning correct net id,
then it is a cable/ connection issue or more unlikely a fault on the box

good luck, post back and let us know how you get on

If it was a server problem this section would be lit up
with posts

Just do a manual re flash mate,then we know if its a firmware
problem, if that doesnt sort it, and you are scanning correct net id,
then it is a cable/ connection issue or more unlikely a fault on the box

good luck, post back and let us know how you get on

If it was a server problem this section would be lit up
with posts

Thank you for your help Bees. I will certainly try this. Would you recommend to use Null modem cable or usb?

If you can use XP and straight link to box with null modem cable thats the best,
if not USB converter cable will do.I can give you some settings if you tell me what windows package
you use.

Make sure its a NULL MODEM CABLE (ask Ted ROFL)a serial 232 looks physically
the same but hasn't got the cross over wire

Google it, you will see what I mean, Serial cable wont work

Don't forget to let us know how you get on

Back