kryptview a780 problem

i've tried every thing you have but cant get past network id because it wont pick up any areas just saying 10 id's already exist but its saying no signal so i'm guessing thats where the problem is

yes same problem here but got 8tps all ready exist ,wont pick up network id after tp scan.not sure what to do next run out of ideas.

same things asyou but cant get any ares on network just saying 10 id's already exist then no channels but it also says no signal maybe thats where the problem is

when you scan , have you got the latest update ,chosen your supplier ,then network, press green button search ,does no network come up just goes to scanning tps ,if does select network ,if does not once tps have scanned does it go back to easy installation page.

exactly as you say i've done this in the past even for friends so i'm doing the same thing but normally when i get to telwest then network normally it would have a list of areas to choose from but it just says 10 network id's alrady exist then it goes to channel search none come up and after pressing exit it goes back to easy installation i've also tried it at a mates house but same thing its doing my head in also got a star view can't get that to work either lol

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

but its not funny just so frustrating when you pay for some thing and don't get what you paid for

you have done exactly the same as me, was not saying you was doing it wrong just checking ,i was on the starview site yesterday and a guy on there seems to be having the same problem as us ,had my box for 10 months so had my money back ,have you had any one working in your area recently, thats how mine started. it is frustrating but like a challenge.

My box went down over 3 weeks ago same thing, wont pick up a single , tried the box at my brothers works fine there, do you think virgin our doing something with the tv connection coming into the house

something not right some where ,mine was fine until they worked on the box, brian is your brother on the same network as you as my m8 is on the same network as me and wont work at mine or his place,

network id

factory reset power off back on select your provider and then network id for your area

Hello there, how do i find out which network id i should select for my area? There are a few different ones to choose from. Will choosing the wrong one result in a scan failure or will i get poor quality or less channels? I seem to be missing a few.

If you have a VM sub box go to Settings___Tech Stuff____Network ID

What is the nearest town or city to you.

if you do not have a vm box pick the town closest to you, press ok , then the green button to scan for channels, when that is finished exit ,plug in your router and update to latest firmware april , thats it any problems let us no.

Thanks for the help,yes i've got a sub vm box so will check it out. When i'm scanning for channels should i have the router connected to the a780? Scanning on "Telewest" and "Network" Also do i need to power the box off and on after a scan?

Thanks for the help,yes i've got a sub vm box so will check it out. When i'm scanning for channels should i have the router connected to the a780? Scanning on "Telewest" and "Network" Also do i need to power the box off and on after a scan?

Connect your router after the scan. The connection to the internet at this point isn't required, as all "data" being transmitted is done through the coaxial cable at this point.

It would be good practise to power it off after scan, put the router on making sure to reboot the router first and then connect it to the KV, and then power on the KV and it should then work.

Hi I know this is years to late but I recently had this issue. The problem is doing a factory reset which is a big no no. To delete channels go to user preference and delete all channels from there. To get the box working do a data download from another working box via a serial port lead. Have your box switched of and on the good box do s/w transfer press send then switch your box on. Do a channel data download if needed. But do not do a factory reset to delete channels. Use the delete all channels option from user preference tab. I haven't used the network scan as yet so I don't know if its totally solved.

Back