Kryptview please help !!

Pops1

Hi I am new to this , I purchased a kryptview a780, I followed tutorial and set up box .when I do scan it gets all channels are scrambled apart from fta- I have reset box severel times ? Also when I choose my area for scanning I only get 1 area -Glasgow?- should I be getting more as it only finds this area . I'm setting the scan as NTL- then network and scan -???? Really need some good advice how to get the channels as seriously getting annoyed

Hi I am new to this , I purchased a kryptview a780, I followed tutorial and set up box .when I do scan it gets all channels are scrambled apart from fta- I have reset box severel times ? Also when I choose my area for scanning I only get 1 area -Glasgow?- should I be getting more as it only finds this area . I'm setting the scan as NTL- then network and scan -???? Really need some good advice how to get the channels as seriously getting annoyed

Do a reset again on your box and search on one of the other providers like telewest if nothing found then try cw&e and so on till you find the correct on, as you live in glasgow maybe that is the only net id for your area, what does it say on your subbed box that is the way to get it.

Also did you try changing the net cable in case it is faulty which in some cases has happened, what way have you get your box connecte, direct to the wall, via a splitter from the modem or from your subbed box, is there a little round barrell type connector on your cable from your wall plate, can that be removed and try it again and see what happens.

If your channels are scrambled it sound like you are having net issues otherwise you would not even get FTA, if it was a cable fault.

Hi thanks for the replys. I checked the boxes software and the date says 8/01/2013 ? I think this means the box needs flashed as for the provider I have tried all NTL - reel west and the other 2 but only NTL gives me full channel list but as I said only fta work as for the the area I live on greenock it's half an hour from Glasgow just thought I would get other areas . How do I find the the net I I'd on subbed box and is subbed box vm box ? And to answer the first post yes I have Ethernet connected to box and hub ???

Thanks. My box says date 8-1-2013 - does it need flashed ? Also when I check what my net I'd is on vm box , it says the number 2 that's it ???? I thought ur net I'd should be 6 digits any help would be appreciated ....

if the box is new it needs to be flashed first,always best to start at beginning,as for the other thing

Using your subbed box... Not the KV box.

Press the home button on your VM remote control.
Go to settings.
Then technical stuff.
Your net id is the first item on the list.

maybe add 0 zero to number? then check list.

Lol that's what I checked on the vm box - help - settings - tech stuff top line is my net I'd and it says 2 haha . Anyway thanks boxt how do u know this is yours the same ??

if it was not yours you would have a blank screen,net id is for a specific area,move outside that area and you have another number.

Hi thanks for all Your help guys I flashed the box and all channels are working apart from pay per view lol any ideas how to get these ? And also when I am watching the channels the signal goes every 10 to 20 mins then comes bk on after 10 seconds very annoying would this just be down to loosing connection from router ?? My speeds are 30mb?

oh a super kak hub or talk talk they both need a router added,bad lan lead?no pay per view working.
if you have 30yr old coaxial it needs to be changed to raise your levels.

Hey pops1.. the pay per views are just an added bonus when they are on.. Box nation has just gone off for some reason but been saving all those ten quids a month so cant grumble...

Hi guys I am moving house and the house only has a sky cable installed is this a problem or does the kv work with a sky cable ??

All channels are down bb1 - bbcthree are working none other. I've done a software update and a factory reset but still not working. Any more ideas to get the channels working?

try rebooting your box and modem, as a matter of interest what are you using for the net is it a super hub ??

Still not working guys really need some good advice ? Will a another firmware update be needed also I tried a s/ware update through the box but it goes to 100% then just stays like that and says uploading data ??? First to go we're fta but all sky channels were working . So I took out coax and put it in my subbed box so I could buy the boxing - then when. I put the coax bk in the kv only the fta were working all others says scrambled ??HELP

box for correct boxneeds a null modem flash with the new firmware may 2013 choose correct firmware
firmware in downloads

Back