Krypview 780 Big Problems

Send and return free service..saves you valuable time as you have a new computer and will need usb method inc drivers and null modem cable.stb loader..bin file. thats right.. your totally lost now kovs.. cover postage and i will sort it.unless your london or surrounding counties..Ted.

Im interested in this service mate. As i no longer have a windows computer or the time to update it manually. How do i go about this? Cheers, Tom.

I've been in the cave for few months lol... just realised KV is back and need lines... gonna take my 780 out next weekend to give it a go... just ordered null modem to USB cable as i guess my laptop needs one. I may be on 2015 firmware as certainly dont remember updating this year. Any idea on how much these lines may cost as I'm comparing the option of moving on to Miracle box as there are some good reviews + HD

Go for a miraclebox if you have the money, they are HD boxes so the picture quality is fantastic, the EPG is also miles better than what you have.

A cable line will cost approx £80 per year it will be much more stable than the KV server, it will actually work !!! lol

Thx bees!
If I bought a KV line, could I use the same line with Miraclebox later if i switch? If not, would the Miraclebox line cost the same as KV?

Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can help with an issue I'm having with the a780.

I have the lastest firmware 13-06-2016. 4.5.07.

I can see the newscamd/mgcamd menu. I can edit most of the fields apart from the port field. It doesn't allow me to edit it and it has a strange 0..9 at the end of the port number.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

N: web.address zzzzz xxxxxx yyyyy 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
You get this from provider

Convert web address provided to ip and enter this on first option
zzzzz is your port
xxxxx is your user id
yyyyyy is your password
0102.... Without spaces
Active = yes
wait for couple of minutes
not connected should change to connected

just google -- convert web address to ip -- this will give you several websites that will do the conversion for U

Hi cactikid,

Many thanks for responding so quick. I was looking on my profile to see if I had any notifications last night to see if anyone responded rather than coming back to this thread. Was using my phone.

I've not tried your suggestion above but I'm I right in guessing once I put in the ip address I can edit the port field because currently its locked and not editable.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Cacktikid,

I just tried to enter the details as you advised only problem was the port field still locked. Attached a screen shot of the 0..9 icon that I get on the port field if that helps with any thing.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 01:09 PM ----------

sorry forgot to attach.

image1.PNG

Hi Binosami I had that problem got help on this site it turned out all you have to do is when you come to put the port number in you just use your numbers on your remote control hope it works for you it did for me.

Just to confirm I can now edit my port number but the test line that I had is now down, I'll have to get another test line to check and find a reliable supplier.

Thanks

Hi Corriemar,

That's great, many thanks. I'll try it out later.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can help with an issue I'm having with the a780.

I have the lastest firmware 13-06-2016. 4.5.07.

I can see the newscamd/mgcamd menu. I can edit most of the fields apart from the port field. It doesn't allow me to edit it and it has a strange 0..9 at the end of the port number.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Use numeric keypad/numbers to tap in port number..eg 12345 so press 12345

Thx bees!
If I bought a KV line, could I use the same line with Miraclebox later if i switch? If not, would the Miraclebox line cost the same as KV?

Yeah, just add the line to the new box when you have finished with the KV

There is a request thread here

Thanks Ted,

I manged to enter the details. Unfortunately having tried a few test lines I had issues with viewing. They would scramble a lot (sports) and some channels didn't even come up where as some played ok like movies, strange. I also tried it in a friends house and same issue.

I've used this box perfectly for the past how ever many years so I'm pretty certain my line and broadband is good to go. I'm guessing it might just be the box, so I'm thinking about investing in a new box. Might get one as plug and play or save a few bobs and try and do it myself.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Hi Pablo,

Yes many times factory reset, did not try a different tp because in the past when I have, I lose most of the channels.

just try a nearby tp, most areas have 2 or 3 or even more, as an example, there's 4 Liverpool, 4 manchester and quite a few others that I can choose from, there must be a couple you could try, if they don't work, try a different one

Back