Lady murdered in home invasion

Del-Boy

This woman lived in the road next to mine,WTF is happening in the World today

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/murder-detectives-investigate-after-woman-11541059

Murder police are investigating after a woman was found dead in her home, reportedly bound and gagged.

Officers responded to a call expressing concern for the welfare of a resident at an address in Muswell Hill, North London, on Thursday evening.

Inside the terraced property, they found the body of a woman in her 50s.

The Metropolitan Police confirmed they are treating the death as suspicious.

According to the Sun, the woman was found bound and gagged and detectives fear she may have been the victim of a burglary gone wrong.

Shocked neighbours said everyone in the road was "on edge" since it happened.

The woman, named locally as Cathy, was found dead by police in her home on Thursday.

A neighbour who did not want to be named said: "I couldn't believe it when I heard what happened.

"When something so terrible happens right on your doorstep you just think to yourself you hope it isn't true.

"I've been jittery ever since. If that is what happened it's disgusting. We are all just in shock at the moment, everyone here is on edge.

"She had a big husky-type dog, but I don't know if that would have put anyone off. I only knew her as Cathy."

Another neighbour said: "I saw her to say 'hello', she was a very nice lady.

"I also saw her son who sometimes. He's a very nice boy. It's terrible what had happened. We don't get many robberies down here so we are all so surprised.

"I didn't know her personally, just to speak to in the street.

"The police have been talking to everyone for the last few days, there's been so many coming and going."

In a statement, Scotland Yard added: "At 19:03hrs on Thursday, 16 November, police were called to concerns for the wellbeing of a resident at an address in Hill Road, N10.

Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. The body of a woman, believed to be in her 50s, was found inside the property.

"Although we believe we know the identity of the deceased, we await formal identification.

"A post-mortem examination will commence at Haringey Mortuary on Saturday, 18 November.

"At this early stage, the death is being treated as suspicious.

"Officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.

"Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8785 8244, or contact the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."

Last edited:
Police have been going door to door on the estate,no news yet but there are more than a few rumours at the moment

Alot of the locals have a good idea who did it but the Old Bill aint let anyone on our estate know any info since poor lady was murdered

Back