laptop has been took over

Status
Not open for further replies.

anfieldroad

i was on my laptop last night when it started to go all funny on me ,thought i had a virus,the screeen kept on flashing so pressed a few buttons did not know what i was doing,lappy went off then came back on with vista premium on it.the lappy first came with vista,but a changed to windowsxp after a while can someone please explain:loco::confused:

Would it be possible that when you installed the xp that you created a second partition,basically that all the long you had both vista and xp on separate partitions?If you are running a dual-boot setup with more than one Windows operating system, It’s pretty easy to configure the default boot operating system with the GUI interface. Note that if you are using Windows Vista as one of the operating systems, you will need to make this change from Vista, not XP.

First, you’ll need to right click on Computer and select Properties:
image%7B0%7D%5B1%5D1.png

Next, click Advanced System Settings

image%7B0%7D%5B3%5D1.png

image%7B0%7D%5B4%5D1.png

And just select the operating system you want to use:

image%7B0%7D%5B5%5D1.png

Last edited:
thats what it sounds like moh or there was a recovery partition that was not formated when xp was installed

Id say so had i have just re edited my post so hopefully it may help anfield out :)

Anfield said on the shout box that the laptop had been updating,so problem sorted.....closed thread im thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back