Laptop - Windows detected a hard disk problem (Windows 8)

j4v3d

VIP Member
I recently formatted the hard drive and did a clean install on nephew's laptop - he completely messed it up that nothing was working properly - after trying to install Windows 7 from USB or Disc it kept on failing - so i went and installed Windows 8 - Voila did the job - everytime i load the laptop up now i get the following message;

Capture.PNG

I did have a look at this though - will this harm the PC/Laptop if the settings were changed here?

[video=youtube;KXGOuAIpL6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGOuAIpL6k[/video]

I've never come across this message before so before i started tinkering and digging a hole for myself thought i would share it with the professionals on here :)

Only way to get to desktop was to install Windows XP 32bit and from there install Windows 8 - weird i know. I came across this article as well just in case anyone else was having same issues you can have a read HERE

Thanks in advance.

In the mean time will read up on this and see if there is a simple fix for it before going head first in problem solving it.

j4v3d

Last edited:
would not always trust windows alerts, most of the time it is the sign of a faulty hard drive

maybe you could try to test the hard drive, ive used a program called hd tune, you could download the trial version just google it and scan the hard drive for faults

my advice would be to backup all data on your hard drive just in case the symptoms get worse

james

would not always trust windows alerts, most of the time it is the sign of a faulty hard drive

maybe you could try to test the hard drive, ive used a program called hd tune, you could download the trial version just google it and scan the hard drive for faults

my advice would be to backup all data on your hard drive just in case the symptoms get worse

james

thanks for the reply, can't remember what happened to the laptop now. Think in the end the HDD was replaced. Quite an old topic this ha!

Back