Latest and best IPTV player for Smart TV's? Must have EPG...

What do people recommend for the latest and/or best IPTV players or apps for Smart TV's such as Samsung and LG? The best I have found so far is Nanomid, that gives you EPG but only as to what is on now, not later...the interface is a bit slow and clunky. IBO Player has no working epg for me... I have seen various IBO players but it's hard to know which is legit. I found one called IBO Pro (not IBO Player Pro) which gave now and next epg details but the interface looked stretched and terrible...also it seems quite pricey after the free trial...
Can we list what we are using here and any plus or minus points as to what is currently out there? Would be very useful.
Thank you all.

Personally I don’t think you will get the best experience running iptv on a smart tv.
The epg is not going to run that smoothly especially when scrolling quickly through it, because of the TVS cpu and ram capabilities.
High end TVS will probably be slightly better.
Also keeping apps installed to a minimum will help.
As for the best app, hopefully you will get some suggestions from other members.

Do you need to add an epg URL iboplayer?
I know it supports Xtreme logins, which should set this up , but maybe you need to add it manually?

Worth investing in an external device on non android smart TVs , you get more options then.

I know it supports Xtreme logins, which should set this up , but maybe you need to add it manually?
No mate it's hit and miss some work and some don't never worked it out myself.

Personally I don’t think you will get the best experience running iptv on a smart tv.
The epg is not going to run that smoothly especially when scrolling quickly through it, because of the TVS cpu and ram capabilities.
High end TVS will probably be slightly better.
Also keeping apps installed to a minimum will help.
As for the best app, hopefully you will get some suggestions from other members.
Yes, I have an Octagon 4K box for my main use....the Smart TV is in a bedroom or I use it as a backup on my main tv. The Smart apps are getting better, really quite good now but every one I have tried seems to have one issue or other...so far..

Worth investing in an external device on non android smart TVs , you get more options then.
My EPG on the line from my supplier works very well using Xstreamity and the like...some apps load it, some don't...some have program guides on the homepage, some don't which is annoying...so you can't see the epg until you view the particular channel...not much use. Some show now and the next 2 shows...some just show what's on now. Surely there must be a good app that has it all working? Nanomid is closest but that does not show now and next epg for me...and it is a bit clunky to use. Best so far though.
BOB is another one I like but that is not quite there either with the epg. IBO STB also is pretty good....but it's not THE one!

My EPG on the line from my supplier works very well using Xstreamity and the like...some apps load it, some don't...some have program guides on the homepage, some don't which is annoying...so you can't see the epg until you view the particular channel...not much use. Some show now and the next 2 shows...some just show what's on now. Surely there must be a good app that has it all working? Nanomid is closest but that does not show now and next epg for me...and it is a bit clunky to use. Best so far though.
BOB is another one I like but that is not quite there either with the epg. IBO STB also is pretty good....but it's not THE one!
I would never use the built-in apps on a smart TV to run IPTV personally.

I’ve got an app on my LG TV iBo player & iBo player pro because I liked the interface and paid for it.

If you want custom apps then go for a TV that is android based like a Sony.

Just my experience.

OK, seems not many people would use an IPTV app on a Smart TV, though some work pretty well these days. So what dedicated box for IPTV do you guys currently recommend?

OK, seems not many people would use an IPTV app on a Smart TV, though some work pretty well these days. So what dedicated box for IPTV do you guys currently recommend?
All depends on your budget mate, you have from firestick to Chromecast, Formula, sheild, buzz TV and some others whichever fit your needs and budget

Thanks

Well I have an Octagon 4k box downstairs which I need for sat tv and freeview, IPTV works pretty well on that as well. I am just looking for something cheap to use upstairs on a Samsung Smart TV. If I get an Android Box doesn't it still come down to the Apps installed on it anyway?
All I want is to keep the Wife happy, so a program guide with now and next on the channel list page would be handy. It has to be easy to add my existing line over the network as I have a long running sub with a good provider who is on here. My line is for 2 devices so I have been using Smart IPTV for a long time but that is just not up to the job anymore. Has to be 4k as well...
Many thanks.

Well I have an Octagon 4k box downstairs which I need for sat tv and freeview, IPTV works pretty well on that as well. I am just looking for something cheap to use upstairs on a Samsung Smart TV. If I get an Android Box doesn't it still come down to the Apps installed on it anyway?
All I want is to keep the Wife happy, so a program guide with now and next on the channel list page would be handy. It has to be easy to add my existing line over the network as I have a long running sub with a good provider who is on here. My line is for 2 devices so I have been using Smart IPTV for a long time but that is just not up to the job anymore. Has to be 4k as well...
Many thanks.
Your iptv provider will apps to use maybe even IBO. Something like a chrome stick will do for what you need.

Many thanks.
I don’t think epg is related to the apps I think it depends on your iptv owner who buys the epg sources and then it just uploads epg automatically because I seen other providers say it before.

Many thanks.
Just buy a firestick or a Chromecast or a decent box that you can connect to internet via ethernet cable put tivimate app on it then you will have your TV program as you want it and it will run smoothly provided that your provider gives you the URL. Happy wife happy life pal 😉

Back