Laugh out loud

Spliff1888

Why do people just laugh at you when you don't understand everything to do with technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

always get some, Thats life

most on techkings very helpful and have alot of patience even with the slowest of people

I don't think you have been laughed at on TechKings because of a lack of knowledge about all things tech, in fact you have received a good bit if help with a v5, a v8 .
What Garyth laughed at was that you focused on the unimportant part (IMHO) and missed the rest of the sentence, which was the important part.
If you are not used to forums , social media, etc, whenever you see a group of letters, you should google them, as they generally are "text speak" it shortening of sentences, for instance l o l is laugh out loud, l m a o is laughing my ass off, IMHO is in my honest opinion, biab is back in a bit, etc, etc.
It takes a while to get used to it, but we all have to persevere.
I personally don't like it, and prefer to type full sentences, and also to use punctuation, but societal influences have won the day.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Why do people just laugh at you when you don't understand everything to do with technology

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you noticed that it shows that I have pm,d you under your profile, sometimes a shorter answer is best in my honest opinion. Often people are a bit scared to touch anything outwith the norm on their boxes. Sometimes even my posts are removed for either being too short or maybe its the case that some don't find them relevant.
Others will take a different approach, more detailed accurate replies in their postings. I personally feel that this can be confusing or either too much for a newbie to take in especially when using enigma 2 boxes.
That's just my opinion, but rest assured all tekkers whether Vets, Vip's or newbies on here are all in it for the one reason, helping all on the forum.

Others will take a different approach, more detailed accurate replies in their postings. I personally feel that this can be confusing or either too much for a newbie to take in especially when using enigma 2 boxes.

Whilst I see your point, I completely disagree (and I know it is slightly off topic), I think that you should give as detailed an answer(in simple language, if possible) as you can, then let them say they don't understand X or Y. It is certainly better for the forum if your answer appears on the open forum, rather than hidden away from others who may have the same problem, because it has been sent by PM.

That's just my opinion, but rest assured all tekkers whether Vets, Vip's or newbies on here are all in it for the one reason, helping all on the forum.

Completely agree, and it was this point I was making also. sometimes new members don't know us and think we are extracting the urine.

I think it's not always that they are "laughing at you" but laughing at a question that the OP answers within the question, also asking a question which 2 or 3 posts further down has also been asked. Alot of "newbies" come on the forum and ask questions without even taking a moment to look at the forum, how many zgemma questions are asking the general sat section even though the zgemma section is clearly visible, you have to laugh. Also as I've seen today, someone asked a question, several replies were given and a few hours later the OP just posted again as though the question was not answered fully, ignoring a very helpful post by a Vet, this can be a common theme across the forum.

As for explaining things, I think you should just post exactly whats needed to answer the question, if you make your post long-winded are they going to look at it and think "OMG!!!" and run a mile, to the point and as clear as you can make it is the way but thats just my take on answering, lol

I feel a **** when it comes to networking.I am beat even before I start. Cannot get my head around it at all. When asking for help, the "helpee" dives into technical speak, that, if I understood would not have to ask my original question !lol

Back