leaking gear box

breslb

Just noticed an oil leak seems to be comming from gear box is this serious.I had a reconditioned one fitted just over 6 months ago with a 6 months warrenty just my luck any quick fixes.I have heard about some sort of mixture you can put into gear box and this can harden and plug leaks.Anyone any ideas.Any help greatly appreciated.

Seeems to be leaking at the join across the bottom of gear box the car in question is a seat cordoba.

common problem as i had an 08 touran in for lube service and gearbox leaking with 18,000 km on it lol.

Just noticed an oil leak seems to be comming from gear box is this serious.I had a reconditioned one fitted just over 6 months ago with a 6 months warrenty just my luck any quick fixes.I have heard about some sort of mixture you can put into gear box and this can harden and plug leaks.Anyone any ideas.Any help greatly appreciated.

wouldnt mess about with any of that sort of stuff for plugging leaks.....yet.
If its only 6 months since the re-cons been fitted I would go back to the dude that done it.
See what they have to say.
The leak may be apparent at the bottom, but might be from higher up, is it defo gear box oil?

i assume it is a manual transmission.if so nothing you can buy will stop that leak.firstly how bad is the leak?how often and how much tranny fluid do you add?if it is leaking from the join between the transmission and the engine it is likely the input shaft seal and the trans will have to come out.before doing this have it checked out by a reputable mechanic first.just so you know i have been a licensed mechanic for almost 30 years. cheers

Back