Leaky electrc shower

maddoggy

Hi buds,
got a problem with my shower. what started out as a drip from the showerhead is now a full blown stream. What I need to know is Can it be fixed or is it just as cheap to get a new shower unit.If it can be fixed do i need a plumber or a electrician. BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY HELP GIVEN.
maddoggy:

If the leak is just from the shower head, can you not just replace that? usually, this can be bought in any B&Q or similar shop. they just twist on and off and can easily be fitted by yourself

I would say the problem is that its leaking even when the shower is switched off.
Im no plumber but sounds like a seal is worn or solenoid is stuck open or something like that.
Youll have to look up the exact make and model of the electric shower and go from there.
Could be a simple fix for a plumber, go messing with it yourself and you could cause all sorts of water damage.

Maddoggy the more info you can give the better. As Axxxo said does it leak even when shower is off? if so you could have a problem, but if it only leaks when the shower is on ie just from the bottom of the head by the hose it could just be that it needs tightening or even cleaning. Have you cleaned the shower head with a lime cleaner as it could be lime deposits that have caused it, or it could be just that it has come loose. In my area we have very hard water and i often take the head off and leave it in soak in a solution that breaks down limescale - that usually sorts out any problem.

Back