Leave box on for tasks to work?

SiSat

Hi,

All up and running and everything is working as it should. Special thanks to sucmnsee for his backup which made everything super easy (y)

I have CrossEPG and AutoBouquetsmaker running around 05:00 and 05:15 respectively. Also have AutoTimer on the go for various things.

Question is - Do I need to leave the box on at night for EPG updates / Bouquets and recordings to actually work? Or can I stick it in standby? I have been leaving it on but won't if I don't need to. I seem to remember seeing something on here which suggested it may have to be kept on all night but I can't find the thread now :/

Cheers!

Should still work in standby but not deep standby (unless you've set it to wake in the settings for Autobouquets maker)

Anybody else tried on one of these vix? I'll try tonight but might take a few nights for epg to disappear no? I just turn tv off and leave box on 24/7. Every second day it gets a half hr break when on other boxs tho.

Living room box on 24/7 for weeks at a time tho. And cool as a cucumber. (That's at just a bit more than room temperature like. Itd be stupid to compare it to a fridge cucumber. No sense. So really better to say just as cool as a warm but not too warm satellite box thingy) (( thats a silly saying when u think of it. Isnt it? Theyre not even cool. Cucumbers. Quite stuck up and snobby. Makes me think of cucumber sandwichs with the crusts cut off and earl grey. )) Anyway. On with the film.......

Last edited:
So just switched to standby (not deep) and epg all still there and intact. Will do again tonight and see what happens.

So just switched to standby (not deep) and epg all still there and intact. Will do again tonight and see what happens.

Nice one. I've gone to work and left it on standby with a recording set so hopefully that works OK. Will check later :)

I've also noticed that my plugin download list is empty?? I installed the clock fix plugin fine a few days ago. Tried to go back in last night to have a look at some of the others and it just shows a blank list. When I go to Portal ->Plugins -> Green button (download). Any ideas? I get the message saying loading and then nothing... read in some other threads that you need to delete the ocram_cfg in /etc/opkg but I don't have that. Tried moving the other cfg files out but then I get the message "no plugins are available"......???

Nice one. I've gone to work and left it on standby with a recording set so hopefully that works OK. Will check later :)

I've also noticed that my plugin download list is empty?? I installed the clock fix plugin fine a few days ago. Tried to go back in last night to have a look at some of the others and it just shows a blank list. When I go to Portal ->Plugins -> Green button (download). Any ideas? I get the message saying loading and then nothing... read in some other threads that you need to delete the ocram_cfg in /etc/opkg but I don't have that. Tried moving the other cfg files out but then I get the message "no plugins are available"......???

Always leave my box in standby (red power button on remote) overnight and my EPG and ABM have been working fine using VIX, along with recordings too

remember if you setup epg for 7 days it has that loaded into box and will count down until next update. no update then in 7 days you will see gaps in epg info= none loaded so blank. powering off or/and rebooting might make it vanish.

remember if you setup epg for 7 days it has that loaded into box and will count down until next update. no update then in 7 days you will see gaps in epg info= none loaded so blank. powering off or/and rebooting might make it vanish.

Cheers thats what I thought.

vix servers were probably down for maintenence

Back