Leaving Sky Q - New receiver options

Pretty much, yes. You can get Unicable 2 lnbs that have up to 32 user bands, but I don’t think I’ve seen one of those that comes with a legacy port too.

For Unicable 2 compatibility, you just need to check you can set your receiver to the frequencies/bands of the lnb.

https://www.inverto.tv/download/file/5a9fa28c9193c-1520411276.pdf
Not sure about 32 user bands but I have a GT-Sat GT-S2DCSS24 SCR/dCSS Single Cable Unicable II LNB SCR24 with 2x Legacy Outputs. ..

You see, I have quite a few receivers and want to use a 8 way splitter to feed each box with the same 19.2E
signal via Unicable LNB. I think I can only do this with a Unicable 2 and also ensuring that each receiver is Unicable 2
capable?

Any help, comments and suggestions greatly appreciated. Thank you.

All of the E2 boxes that I've ever used are capable of using a Unicable II feed.
I have an 8 port splitter in the loft feeding each receiver.
You only need one cable to each box. You can split it at the receiver end to give you 2 feeds.

All of the E2 boxes that I've ever used are capable of using a Unicable II feed.
I have an 8 port splitter in the loft feeding each receiver.
You only need one cable to each box. You can split it at the receiver end to give you 2 feeds.
Interesting. So as I thought the Linux E2 boxes can handle Unicable II. I guess then that I am going to
have to use trial and error to determine whether the Technomates can accept Unicable II.

My fallback position may have to be buying a Unicable II lnb with at least 2 legacy ports so that in
the event that they can't handle the extra bands/channels, I can resort to the two legacy ports.

Does it matter where the splitter is located?

Also, remembering an earlier diagram in a post. Is it possible to use an 8 way splitter, then take
one of those split feeds and direct it into another splitter, which splits into further cables?

Apologies if I have misunderstood the diagram.

Thank you @Drox. I read that and then looked at more bits on the website.

I have quite a few closed source and Linux boxes. Now my Linux boxes show that they are capable of accepting
Unicable II. My closed source Viarks are as well. However, I have two Technomate receivers, and they only show
Unicable A, B, C and D as the LNB options I could choose. They do not list the specific channels and band/frequencies
they can use unlike the Linux boxes and the Viarks. They only provide option A, B, C or D with no band number.

So here is my concern. If I install a Unicable II LNB and then use splitters, I know I can connect the Linux and Viarks,
but I don't know if I can connect the Technomates?

If I chose Unicable A on one Technomate, how would I know it is using the 1210 band/channel as opposed to the
1680 band/channel? Furthermore, how would I know if the Technomate could even work with a Unicable II LNB?

I called the Technomate shop and no one available could help me. It would be a shame if I couldn't connect the
Unicable II cables. Using Unicable I is not an option due to the limited splitting scope.
As far as I know, the first four bands/channels on Unicable 1 and 2 are the same, so it should work with the technomate. @Abu Baniaz should be able to confirm

You could reserve the first four channels for the technomate and use the rest on the other receivers. I would assume that the bands are ordered the same way across each receiver/lnb - but can’t say for sure.

It does not matter where you put the splitter. You put them where convenient for your setup and where they will be dry. You can daisy chain the splitters on the unicable output.

You are misunderstanding the unicable 1/2. It is not the number of cables you can have, it is number of SCR channels that can be used. "Unicable" means "one cable". The first 8 channels on a unicable 2 device are unicable 1.

It would have been good if you stated the Technomate model numbers. if you are not seeing the SCR frequencies on the Technomates, are you sure you are not mixing up with diseqc ports? If they are indeed unicable 1, then A will refer to SCR 1, B to SCR 2. You would start the other devices from SCR 3

You can also use a unicable/dcss/dscr switch. They have multiple outputs. You will need a quattro (not quad) LNB. As an example with the unitron dcss 422, you can use the two outputs to your technomates. You will have two more outputs which you can split as required and use in unicable mode. But they can only do 16 SCR. They pop up on eBay with a psu for less than £20 quite frequently.

The unicable LNB with three universal outputs is the better/simpler option if the wires going to the Technomates come from the LNB location.

It does not matter where you put the splitter. You put them where convenient for your setup and where they will be dry. You can daisy chain the splitters on the unicable output.

You are misunderstanding the unicable 1/2. It is not the number of cables you can have, it is number of SCR channels that can be used. "Unicable" means "one cable". The first 8 channels on a unicable 2 device are unicable 1.

It would have been good if you stated the Technomate model numbers. if you are not seeing the SCR frequencies on the Technomates, are you sure you are not mixing up with diseqc ports? If they are indeed unicable 1, then A will refer to SCR 1, B to SCR 2. You would start the other devices from SCR 3

You can also use a unicable/dcss/dscr switch. They have multiple outputs. You will need a quattro (not quad) LNB. As an example with the unitron dcss 422, you can use the two outputs to your technomates. You will have two more outputs which you can split as required and use in unicable mode. But they can only do 16 SCR. They pop up on eBay with a psu for less than £20 quite frequently.

The unicable LNB with three universal outputs is the better/simpler option if the wires going to the Technomates come from the LNB location.
Thank you @Drox and @Abu Baniaz for replying with this helpful and useful information.

Taking what both of you have said, I now have a clearer picture of what I need to do and how I can approach this.

The technomates I am referring to are the TM 5402 M4 and TM Mini One. In each case they only refer to four Unicable options.
Unicable A, B, C & D. Based on what you said, it would seem logical to infer that A maps to the 1st channel/band SCR, then B to the
2nd band/channel SCR, etc, etc. This means that I should be able to connect the TM receivers to any of the first four channels/bands
labelled A, B, C or D. Then, from the 5th channel/band onwards I can connect any of my Linux boxes and the Viarks thereafter.

Thank you, great stuff.

Now for the LNB. I have always taken a fancy to using Inverto Black Ultras, as I have found them to be incredibly good LNBs. Others
I have used and liked are the narrow shaped Ventons for close satellites, the Golden Media, Titanium and Technomate Reds.

For Unicable, does anyone have any recommendations on either/or the best LNBs for Unicable II? Inverto, GT-Sat, etc!

Back