Letter From My Cable Company

rtm27

VIP Member
I just got a letter yesterday from my cable company, Time Warner. I thought I finally got a cease and desist order from downloading.

Instead, it was a notice that they have increased my maximum download speeds, and that since I have an old modem (the one I first got from them back in 2002) that I may not be able to get the full speed.....and for me to exchange my modem for free at one of their retail centers.

Well, I'm off to trade in my modem.....and get some very faster speeds!!

Glad you didn't get nailed with a cease and desist. Go get your new modem and let us know how much improvement you notice. (y)

Good for you mate :) Glad that it wasn't what you initially thought it was :dance:

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't say what I really want to say..........as the filter will have it all blurred out!!!!

Went down to the office, and they told me that I don't need to replace it....it's the same one they hand out. The one I have I have had for 7yrs.....I'm sure they have goten faster cable modems since then!!

the newer modems probably have DOCSIS 2.0 or 3.0 are infrastructure in are area is so old its only DOCSIS 1.1 compliant
they refused to give us a new modem so i bought a linksys cable modem which was docsis 2.0 and it randomly crashed or wouldn't connect at all.

Back