LG OLED evo C3 55 inch 4K Smart TV - Any good?

vespa74

Hi guys, so I won a £1000 argos voucher through work. So looking at getting the lg c3 55inch has anyone got one ? Or is there better in argos ? Lg is £1080 after 10% discount... cheers

Hi guys, so I won a £1000 argos voucher through work. So looking at getting the lg c3 55inch has anyone got one ? Or is there better in argos ? Lg is £1080 after 10% discount... cheers
I have just purchased the 77 inch C3 after a great deal of research, great TV the only problem I have come across is I can't get it to recognise the Arc hdmi for my older Panasonic soundbar and subwoofer, but works flawless with optical!

I have just purchased the 77 inch C3 after a great deal of research, great TV the only problem I have come across is I can't get it to recognise the Arc hdmi for my older Panasonic soundbar and subwoofer, but works flawless with optical!
Have you connected it to the correct HDMI port?

Have you connected it to the correct HDMI port?
Yes it has a designated Arc hdmi, it looks like it's working with volume control CEC on TV but no sound.
All the settings are correct and it switches the soundbar to HDMI when connected.
I see a few similar problems on Reddit and that's with a LG soundbar.
Sorry about late response went bed early

I don't think I could watch anything more brighter than than this one! Unless it came with special glasses
Your eyes will naturally adjust to higher peak brightness.
The higher peak brightness(nits) will enhances HDR and Dolby content making it stand out even better with the increased brightness a scene can show definition in both dark and bright areas without having to wash everything out.

I only stream content so maybe smoother on the lg ?
The Samsung S90C is excellent for watching TV shows in a bright room. It has good SDR peak brightness and incredible reflection handling, so it can easily overcome glare in a bright room. It has a truly exceptional viewing angle, which is great for a wide seating area or for moving around the TV while watching it, as the image remains consistent. It also upscales lower-resolution content well, and the smart interface has a great selection of streaming apps, so you're sure to find your favorite shows. Unfortunately, its low-quality content smoothing is only adequate, so low-resolution or low-bitrate TV shows will have macro-blocking, even if upscaled well.

The LG C3 is an excellent TV for watching TV shows. It has fantastic reflection handling, and combined with its very good peak brightness in SDR, it can handle bright rooms or rooms with lots of glare. Its viewing angle is superb, so the image remains consistent even when viewing the TV entirely from the side. If a group is sitting around the TV to watch the latest episode of their favorite show, they'll have a great viewing experience no matter where they're sitting. The TV also has very good sharpness processing, so lower-resolution content is upscaled well, and when combined with the panel's excellent low-quality content smoothing, your shows will still look great.

They don’t explicitly state what low-quality content is. But I’m assuming that’s probably something like low bitrate hd content or very old shows that have not been remastered.

What do you stream and what’s your internet speed?

I only stream content so maybe smoother on the lg ?
I think you should be happy with either tv for streaming.
The Samsung does have a higher peak brightness by about 250-300 nits.
I personally prefer LG webos and Dolby vision support for movies.

Iptv and the usual Netflix amazon prime etc. Through firecube, Internet speed is 60mbps
Go for the LG the stand is much
Your eyes will naturally adjust to higher peak brightness.
The higher peak brightness(nits) will enhances HDR and Dolby content making it stand out even better with the increased brightness a scene can show definition in both dark and bright areas without having to wash everything out.
Thanks for that I might get a Samsung next ffs

Back