Linux Sat box help/advise needed

EFW

Hi folks,
Sorry for the long post. I’m looking to dump Sky and moving to a Linux based satellite box. This is what I have; SkyHD+ in the family room and multi-room in the master bed, which we don’t use that much. I have Virgin media for my Internet. The cable comes into the house to a NTL box on the wall, then from there I have a long cable (45ft maybe) to the SH1 which is next to the computer. I am interested in getting the zgemma h.2h box, and get a VM sub/gift from someone who sells them.

Would it be possible to use both Sky and VM sub/gift on the same box? If so, would the above box be ok or another?

1). Disconnect the cable from the SH1, attach the splitter, and attach 2 cables, 1 for the SH1 and 1 that goes to the zgemma box? Or do I need a separate cable for Tv?
2). Download and flash the Sky blue skin? And the red VM skins? And swap between the two when watching Tv, blue skin for sky and red from VM?
3). What would be the best image to use for the above?
4). Would it be best to use a HHD instead of a flash drive so I can pause/record? Does anyone recommend a HDD/Flash drive?

Thanks
EFW

Back