Liverpool will not lay down and allow Chelsea victory

joekingman

VIP Member
TK Supporter
_47746468_gerrard466.jpg

_42760829_alan_hansen2_55x55.jpg
by Alan Hansen.
If the Premier League title race between Chelsea and Manchester United did not contain enough intrigue already, then the fact that Liverpool will have a big say in where the trophy ends up certainly adds another dimension.
Liverpool fans will find the prospect of a record 19th title for United, outstripping their own tally in the process, unpalatable enough without the possibility of playing a key role in sending the trophy to Old Trafford for a fourth time in succession.
All this talk of Liverpool laying down at Anfield on Sunday and allowing Chelsea the win that would almost certainly clinch them the title is a nonsense in my opinion.

One of the great qualities of the Premier League is the honesty and integrity ingrained in every team. We will see that for ourselves again on Sunday.
But if anyone is in any doubt, cast your mind back to 1995, when Liverpool faced Blackburn at Anfield knowing a win would allow United to claim the title with victory at West Ham.
Not only was there the possibility of a Liverpool victory giving Sir Alex Ferguson's side the title, there was also the prospect of depriving Kenny Dalglish, one of the most-loved and legendary figures in Anfield history, of the honour as Rovers boss.
Liverpool showed no sentimentality to the great icon and won - but Dalglish's Blackburn claimed the Premier League crown because United failed to beat West Ham.
People can be cynical about modern-day footballers, but I do not believe for one minute Liverpool's players will be in the mood to do Chelsea a favour on Sunday.

Going on there form i dont think it is much of a issue,its already a chelsea victory:bang head:

Back